ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Changing Sponsor - dependent application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkothari
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Changing Sponsor - dependent application

Post by pkothari » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:19 am

Hi,

I changed my sponsor last month and had to re-apply for my Tier 2 general visa under the new sponsor.
I went for a premium appointment and received my visa the same day. However I need to confirm if my Dependent will need to re-apply for his visa again? His current Tier 2 dependent visa expires in 2015 and mine after switching jobs expires in 2019 now.
Also I received a biometric card but he doesn't has one. Please advice if he needs to re-apply for this visa or he can continue till his existing visa expires and extend it later.

Regards,
Parinita

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Changing Sponsor - dependent application

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 pm

You dependant's existing visa is now invalid since it's tied with your visa. He needs to apply for a change of visa. He will now get a BRP as well once his application is successful.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

since it looks like you applied for a 5 year long visa, make sure u pay the correct fee for the dependent as well.
BRP is issued to all visa applications made inside uk.

pkothari
Newly Registered

Post by pkothari » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi,

Yes I applied for 5 year visa, will he have to do the same? or can we apply for 3 years only and pay lesser and once that expires, extend it?

Regards,
Pari

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 am

You DO NOT need to apply for a new dependent visa for your husband,

His visa can be extended in line with your new visa when his expires in 2015

pkothari
Newly Registered

Post by pkothari » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Frontier Mole,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried searching for this everywhere but the home office has no information for what dependents needs to do when the main applicant re-applies within the country while changing sponsors.

As you can see some of them suggested me to apply for it. so I am all the more confused now.
Can you please advice if you have seen it in the home office website?

Regards,
Pari

pkothari
Newly Registered

Post by pkothari » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi,

any feedbacks? this is urgent.

Regards,
Pari

kvr4u
Newly Registered

Post by kvr4u » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 am

@pari - have you got any answer? I am alsong waiting for the same

ramakrishna230
Newly Registered

Post by ramakrishna230 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 pm

@pari/kvr4u,
Iam also in the same dilemma of applying new visa for the dependent.(her old visa expires in 2017)
I searched everywhere,but couldnt find in any guidance.

Can you please suggest,what have you done?

thanks,
Ram.

venkat13
Newly Registered

Post by venkat13 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:11 pm

@pari/kvr4u, @ramakrishna230,

I am also in same dilemma as my new sponsor is about to apply for my visa but need to know whether I need to apply for new dependent visa even if she got valid until Dec 2017 ??
can any on of you both tell me what you have done for your Dependent visa ??
Did you guys extended visa or wating till it expires ???

Please suggest me, what you have done ??

Regards,
Venkat.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 pm

ramakrishna230 wrote:@pari/kvr4u,
Iam also in the same dilemma of applying new visa for the dependent.(her old visa expires in 2017)
I searched everywhere,but couldnt find in any guidance.

Can you please suggest,what have you done?

thanks,
Ram.

I have applied for the change of employment recently.Dint get the BRP yet.I dint applied for my wife with me.She has her dependent visa (which she applied when she first come to UK on my previous tier 2 visa) still valid until 2017.
Do i need to apply her the dependent visa on my new tier 2 again or can i wait till it expiry and extend?
no need for your PBS dependant wife to apply for an extension now, her visa remains valid until its expiry date in 2017

avi

Post by avi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi Pari & friends,

Came across this forum. I am in the same situation. My wife came to this country on a dependent visa with my previous employment which was valid till July 2017. I have changed my employment and got my visa until June 2017. Does she have to apply again or can she keep her previous dependent visa which is valid till July 2017.

I searched a lot in ukvi website but couldn't find a concrete answer.

Manci, could you please help, as i have seen some of your suggestions on the same topic. Is there any guideline in UKVi website ?

Also, Pari, please update us whether you went for a dependent application or not ?

Many thanks for all your help. This is a great forum ( Better than UKVI helplines, they don't know what they are saying most of the time)

regards

Avi

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:18 pm

avi wrote:Hi Pari & friends,

Came across this forum. I am in the same situation. My wife came to this country on a dependent visa with my previous employment which was valid till July 2017. I have changed my employment and got my visa until June 2017. Does she have to apply again or can she keep her previous dependent visa which is valid till July 2017.

I searched a lot in ukvi website but couldn't find a concrete answer.

Manci, could you please help, as i have seen some of your suggestions on the same topic. Is there any guideline in UKVi website ?
your wife can stay on her current PBS dependant visa until its expiry. Her visa is tied to your leave not to your employer. There is no explicit reference to this on the UKVI websites but there is no requirement to the contrary either
Also, Pari, please update us whether you went for a dependent application or not ?

Many thanks for all your help. This is a great forum ( Better than UKVI helplines, they don't know what they are saying most of the time)

regards

Avi

avi

Post by avi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry for being naive, as her visa is tied to my leave and my leave is tied to my sponsor, does it not make sense that she would need to reapply. I am just concerned that her application might be refused when she applies later.

As she is dependent on my previous COS which is invalid now, would it not be detrimental later

i have always found your replies very helpful in this forum and thank you in advance for reading this.

Regards

Avi

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 pm

read the posts by Frontier Mole on 17 and 18 Sept 2014:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1088239

avi

Post by avi » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Manci,

frontier mole wrote

Para 30 of UKVI PBS (Dependent) Policy Guidance sorry can't paste the link.
The dependants first grant of leave will be in line with the main applicants leave. That leave continues until it expires unless the main applicants leave is curtailed.
There is no requirement to reapply for dependent leave because there has been a change of employer.
The dependent visa is not linked to Sponsor only the main applicant is.

i have clicked on the above document, however its only up to page 22 and i couldn't find anything as he has mentioned above.

I apologize for asking again, just want to be really sure before proceeding. Also, somebody mentioned that the dependent needs to apply within 60 days after change of employment of main applicant as thats the grace period allowed. i am not sure if its true. I will wait a callback from UKVI and ask them for a reference in the guidelines if they say that its mandatory to apply.

Thanks for your reply once gain Manci.

Regards

Avi

kennyola7
Newly Registered

Post by kennyola7 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:07 pm

letter fron UKVI........................

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 29 May.

If a Tier 2 migrant changes their leave in anyway, their dependants should also amend their leave to be brought in line. This is because a dependants leave is always granted on the basis of the relevant Migrants situation. Once a new application is made, expiry dates are almost always different to their previous grant of leave.

If the dependant does not apply and continues on their current PBS dependant leave and UKVI become aware that the main Tier 2 migrant is no longer working for the ‘old’ employer, any leave issued to the dependant(s) would possibly be curtailed. This could lead to being in the UK without valid leave and also could lead to the dependant being refused entry to the UK if they were to travel.

I hope this information is helpful.

Yours faithfully,

Liz Smith
UK Visas & Immigration

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:40 pm

kennyola7 wrote:letter fron UKVI........................

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 29 May.

If a Tier 2 migrant changes their leave in anyway, their dependants should also amend their leave to be brought in line. This is because a dependants leave is always granted on the basis of the relevant Migrants situation. Once a new application is made, expiry dates are almost always different to their previous grant of leave.

If the dependant does not apply and continues on their current PBS dependant leave and UKVI become aware that the main Tier 2 migrant is no longer working for the ‘old’ employer, any leave issued to the dependant(s) would possibly be curtailed. This could lead to being in the UK without valid leave and also could lead to the dependant being refused entry to the UK if they were to travel.

I hope this information is helpful.

Yours faithfully,

Liz Smith
UK Visas & Immigration
could you please provide the address this email or letter came from

avi

Post by avi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Manci,

The above letter of homeoffice is from the link which i shared with you in a previous post,
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _mandatory

It was asked in www.whatdotheyknow.com

As i can see from the link, It is from Croydon homeoffice

Do you still think dependents don't need to apply ?

Thanks

Avi

bkvisach
Newly Registered

Post by bkvisach » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi, I'm in the same situation that I want to extend my visa which has one year left and don't want to do that for my dependent as his company is preparing the TIRE 2 visa for him.

I've called the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre 0300 123 2241 and been told the dependent can apply the extension when it's expires.

But could some one already done it update a bit that how thing's going?

Thanks!

manikandanra
Newly Registered

Post by manikandanra » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi

I came to UK on May 2015 and holding Tier 2 General visa valid upto Apr 2018. My husband & child are having the dependant visa expires on the same date as me.

I am going to change for sponsor and re-apply my visa. Please let me I need to re-apply for my family or they can continue with the current grant of leave.

I am in confused situation and have to take the decision soon, so please advise.

aruntkkumar
Newly Registered

Post by aruntkkumar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi All,

I have a similar situation where me (TIER 2 General) and my wife (TIER 2 Dependent) have VISAs with validity till Feb 2017. However, I am changing my employer and am applying for new TIER 2 General VISA. Should my wife apply with me as well or could she wait till Feb 2017?

There are suggestions saying that the dependent does not have to apply till the end of their validity. However, I did not find any documents in gov.co.uk webpage mentioning the same.

If someone who has posted previously in this topic found out the same, kindly let me know as well.

Thanks & Regards

aruntkkumar
Newly Registered

Post by aruntkkumar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi All,

I can confirm that the TIER 2 Dependent (PBS) does not have to apply, when the main applicant is switching sponsors, for another VISA until his/her leave expires. I have confirmed the same when I spoke to the UKVI helpline member on 3 separate occasions. Also the reply from the UKVI personnel mentioned in the below email confirms the same.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _2_depende

Thanks & Regards

Ychris
Newly Registered

Post by Ychris » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation. However, another question arise. How do I apply PBS Dependant separately? When I fill out the form on visa-immigration.service.gov.uk, on part 2, What type of resident permit or visa do you have. They don't offer Dependant PBS option. Shall I choose Tier 2 (General) for which I doubt about it as they offer Dependant for tier 4 option.

Anyone give me a hints?

Regards
YC

tush1822
Newly Registered

Post by tush1822 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:50 am

aruntkkumar wrote:Hi All,

I can confirm that the TIER 2 Dependent (PBS) does not have to apply, when the main applicant is switching sponsors, for another VISA until his/her leave expires. I have confirmed the same when I spoke to the UKVI helpline member on 3 separate occasions. Also the reply from the UKVI personnel mentioned in the below email confirms the same.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _2_depende

Thanks & Regards

Hi Arun, In my case, we are family of 3 and our visa is till Feb 2018. Now I am changing the job, so I am applying for my self only. I have called UKBA, they also said that your dependent no need to apply.

I was little worried because we are travelling. At the time of returning back to UK, We will have visas with different end dates. Hope it will not be trouble.

Anyways, I have decided to carry a copy of your official letter and a call recording if anything happens.

Any suggestions?