ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Accomodation

Post by KIRAN7867 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Hello

We have submitted out application today to satisfy the accommodation element we have provided the following.

Land Registry
Property inspection report from a Solicitors
Letter from my father (owner) stating we can live with him without and costs until we are in a position that we can get our own place.
Certified copy of father passport
British Gas bill

Could we have included anything else? Will the above be sufficient to satisfy the accommodation requirement?

Thanks

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Re: Accomodation

Post by KIRAN7867 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:17 pm

KIRAN7867 wrote:Hello

We have submitted out application today to satisfy the accommodation element we have provided the following.

Land Registry
Property inspection report from a Solicitors
Letter from my father (owner) stating we can live with him without and costs until we are in a position that we can get our own place.
Certified copy of father passport
British Gas bill

Could we have included anything else? Will the above be sufficient to satisfy the accommodation requirement?

Thanks
Hello

Can anybody advise if the above documentation is enough to meet the accommodation requirements.
With the recent British Gas bill I am also including Water company bill.

many Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:15 pm

All looks fine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Post by KIRAN7867 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks Casa

I've just found the below guidelines... which state Council Tax statements are required as evidence. I'm concerned I've not sent this and my application isn't water tight in regards to meeting the accommodation.

My second concern is the Utility bills are not in my name but my father's name who property it is. I have provided the latest British Gas bill which is dated 4 April 2015 and Water bill which is dated 20 February 2015.

Can I send the Council Tax to them now the application has already been submitted?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/. ... lement.pdf

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants. This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 pm

"This could include:" - The list is just a suggestion as guidance of that could be included. You don't need to submit all documents on the list.
The utility bills don't have to be in your name.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Post by KIRAN7867 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:02 am

Casa wrote:"This could include:" - The list is just a suggestion as guidance of that could be included. You don't need to submit all documents on the list.
The utility bills don't have to be in your name.
Casa

I got my Property Inspection Report done by a Solicitor and certified. Will that be ok?

I've been told I should have got it done from a Surveyor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:14 am

A Property inspection report is not mandatory. But providing a false one may lead to a refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Post by KIRAN7867 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:45 pm

vinny wrote:A Property inspection report is not mandatory. But providing a false one may lead to a refusal.
Thanks Vinny

The solicitor visited our property and did a proper inspection and certified the report. Solicitors are commissioners of oath.

Can I just ask a side question. A long with the Inspection Report i'm provided the Land Registry and a letter from my father and a credited copy of my father's passport. I am also provided Utility Bills (Gas & Elec and Water bills). The utility bills don't come by post but online. So I've printed the PDFs in colour and provided all the pages. Will these print be fine?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm

The utility bills aren't mandatory so copies will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)

KIRAN7867
Newly Registered

Post by KIRAN7867 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Casa wrote:The utility bills aren't mandatory so copies will be fine.
Thanks Casa.