ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a person on disability benefit get a residence card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babyabull
Newly Registered

Can a person on disability benefit get a residence card?

Post by babyabull » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 pm

hope you can help me in an immigration matter.

I'm an EU citizen (from Finland),and have lived here for about 20 years. I would like to get a permanent residency or British Citizenship,but am not sure if I qualify.

I have worked in this country full time for approx 4,5 years. Apart from that, I have also worked part-time (but my earnings were so low I didn't have to pay tax). I have also been studying,but always part-time, and have a BSc in Business. And other times been on JSA.

However, for about the last 8 years I haven't been able to work due to mental illness, so I'm in receipt of benefits. ESA, DLA (permanently) and Housing benefit.

I looked at the forms I would need to fill in for permanent residency card, but they mention that I would need to prove that I have worked or studied in this country for the last 5 years, which of course I haven't.

I would very much appreciate if you could help me.

babyabull
Newly Registered

Re: Can a person on disability benefit get a residence card?

Post by babyabull » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Anybody know where I can get information from?

Many thanks in advance.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:41 pm

babyabull wrote:hope you can help me in an immigration matter.

I'm an EU citizen (from Finland),and have lived here for about 20 years. I would like to get a permanent residency or British Citizenship,but am not sure if I qualify.

I have worked in this country full time for approx 4,5 years. Apart from that, I have also worked part-time (but my earnings were so low I didn't have to pay tax). I have also been studying,but always part-time, and have a BSc in Business. And other times been on JSA.

However, for about the last 8 years I haven't been able to work due to mental illness, so I'm in receipt of benefits. ESA, DLA (permanently) and Housing benefit.

I looked at the forms I would need to fill in for permanent residency card, but they mention that I would need to prove that I have worked or studied in this country for the last 5 years, which of course I haven't.

I would very much appreciate if you could help me.
Moi!

I believe you can get residence based on 'worker ceased activity due to inability to work' category. I advise you to look at the form under the worker section and then see what evidence is needed to show that you worked for a certain duration and ceased activity following an injury/accident.

hope it helps a tiny bit to get the ball rolling

babyabull
Newly Registered

Post by babyabull » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Thanks for that info, will look into it :-).

Anybody else know?

Thanks, have a nice day! :)