ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring a friend on General Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harv
United Kingdom

Sponsoring a friend on General Visit Visa

Post by harv » Sun May 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi All

I need some help and guidance on sponsoring my friend from India on a General Visit Visa, as he has just got married and like to visit UK on a honeymoon trip for about two weeks.

Sponsor
- I am British, Self Employed as a Company director with good savings
- I have a mortgaged home with enough room to accommodate my friend on his visit
- I have known my friend for 5+ years and have stayed at his home for many visits to India
- I went on his wedding in Early January this year as well

Applicant
- An Indian Citizen with an Indian wife
- Both have Bank statements and valid passports, but never travelled anywhere
- None of them have any properties on their name
- Friend works on his family owned shop

Questions
- Do I need to worry about my friend not having any property documents on his name?
- Would it be enough to show my savings and income to cover their visit and stay in the UK?
- Any documents I am missing from the below?

These are the documents I am planning for the visit VISA:

Sponsor:
- Sponsorship Undertaking form (is this required?) [https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf]
- Letter detailing how I know my friend and that he would like to visit UK on a post marriage honeymoon trip and that I will be providing his accommodation and any financial help he may require
- Passport certified copy (British passport)
- 6 Months Bank statements + Savings account statements (photocopies)
- 6 Months Payslips + Dividend vouchers (Director of LTD Company) (I can provide originals)
- Home Deeds (printout from Land registry)
- Accommodation suitability i.e. no. of rooms etc (just details and measurements of rooms in a letter format signed by myself)

Applicant:
- Both their passports
- Bank statements - showing money to fund their visit
- Wedding pictures and card
- They would not have a Marriage Certificate (but will be able to provide other evidence i.e. wedding card and pictures as above)
- PAN card (similar to National Insurance Card in India)

Hope you guys can help me correctly gather the documents for the Visit VISA. I look forward to your help.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pragneshmpatel

Re: Sponsoring a friend on General Visit Visa

Post by pragneshmpatel » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:10 pm

did your friends got visa on those documents?