ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need a Certificate of Approval

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humble1
Newly Registered

Do i need a Certificate of Approval

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:59 am

i came to this country on a spouse visa, i am no longer married with that person. i have 4 months left on my visa, i want to marry again, what do i need to do? do i apply for a COA , or do i go back to my country and make a fresh new application. i am pregnant from the person i want to marry, would that help? please advise me on what to do....thanks[/b]

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 pm

If you are no longer married, to the person through whom you have accquired your spouse visa, this would mean that you are illegal as your spouse visa would be nall en void, once you where divorced.

The remedy is to leave the country and marry your new man and apply for a spouse visa again from your home country.

Dont apply for a COA they will want to know how and why you are here in the first place.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi - you need to give more detail, really.

When and where did you marry? When did your 2 year visa start? What happened after that ended, did you get ILR?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:16 pm

i was told, by a solicitor that, there is a 5o/50 chance for my coa bieng accepted....

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Your solicitor is taking a 50/50 chance with you at your expense!

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:30 pm

hmmm quiet right.... i just phoned the immigration enquiery burea , they said that i will need to change my visa status before applying for coa.....how do i do that?

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Amanda is right we need a bit more detail from you.
How long have you been in the UK and are you divorced and we assume you dont have ILR?
But I still believe the only way around this, is to leave the UK asap, marry in your home country and apply again for a spause visa, you dont need a COA.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:41 pm

An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Yes indeed the plot thickens, so if I understand it correctly you are not divorced so you are still legal at this point and in the eyes of the HO you are still married.
So if you are still married in the eyes of the HO you will not be granted a coa or a new spause visa.
To help you we will need the truth and details.

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:04 pm

i have got my divorce done here although the decree absolute is still in the post.....but i wanna get things done........i have done a religious marriage to the man i want to marry....but obviously that is not recognized by law.

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:06 pm

no i dont have ILR.....my 2 year visa expires in february..thats why i want to hurry things up.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm

To be honest with you, you have to employ the services of a Solicitor to speed things up rather than waiting for unconditional responses.

Take out the yellow pages, www.yell.co.uk put "solicitors" or "divorce" as search term enter your town/city name, and start calling people/offices and try and arrange an appointment asap. Good luck
humble1 wrote:i have got my divorce done here although the decree absolute is still in the post.....but i wanna get things done........i have done a religious marriage to the man i want to marry....but obviously that is not recognized by law.

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:30 pm

humble1 wrote:i have got my divorce done here although the decree absolute is still in the post.
Then you are probably now here illegally. If you apply for a CoA the first thing they will do is check that.
--
Mark Y-M
London

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:58 pm

my visa expires in feb

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:02 pm

humble1 wrote:my visa expires in feb
But you are not here under the terms of the visa as granted, ie you are no longer a spouse therefore ur visa is invalid.

Same with a student visa, stop studying and you are in breach and illegal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 pm

well i had to get my divorce done here dats y.

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 pm

humble1 wrote:my visa expires in feb
Irrelevant. If you are not going to listen to advice, why ask for it?

If you had Further Leave to Remain as a Spouse/Civil Partner and are now divorced then you are here illegally.
Last edited by mym on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Mark Y-M
London

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Our advise on this board is free and as you are now illegally in the country.

Take our best advice, return to your country of origin and reapply for a new spouse visa, base on your new marriage to your British husband.

This is the most effective way of dealing with your problem, despite what expensive immigration solicitor might tell you and again they admit you only have a 50/50 chance of suceeding.

Good luck.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm

As the Home Office guidance says:

If the basis on which you were granted leave to enter or remain in the UK no longer applies, you should write to the Home Office as soon as possible, quoting your full name, date of birth, nationality, the RD or SD number that accompanied the original application, the date that application was posted and your Home Office reference.

Home Office
Border and Immigration Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon
CR9 2BY.

If you fail to tell us of a change that may affect your immigration status, you may be committing an offence and could be removed from the UK.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:52 pm

got my COA on friday !!!!!!