ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jojo351

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by jojo351 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm

m10 wrote:Can you please update my information as well?

Thanks
you are in now, anyone wants to add just click into the spreadsheet page.

Nandysl
Newly Registered

Post by Nandysl » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Thank you everyone for the respond, unfortunately it wasn't approval, but my friend sent me something by special delivery... Lol, never mind... Hopefully we will see more approvals soon.

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Nandysl wrote:Thank you everyone for the respond, unfortunately it wasn't approval, but my friend sent me something by special delivery... Lol, never mind... Hopefully we will see more approvals soon.

LOL Nandys. what special thing your special friend sent you by special delivery??

m10
Newly Registered

Post by m10 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:53 pm

jojo351 wrote:
m10 wrote:Can you please update my information as well?

Thanks
you are in now, anyone wants to add just click into the spreadsheet page.

Thanks jojo351

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:48 pm

This quotes from viki83 in the general discussion thread,I guess it has something to do with the Easter holiday, May bank holidays, half term week, school sports days :P

Checked last years timline for March/April...got approvals in August...looks like currently there is a deadlock and same trend is repeated...Something happens after April every year...

And nice summer weather when UKVI staff are more like to clear annual leave allowance, additionally, I heard that government officer got extra holidays such like the Queen's birthdays and etc. :oops:

Just allow these 107 case workers to deal with applications and holidays should ease the stress leave and speed things a bit. :D

m10
Newly Registered

Post by m10 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:33 am

ironmaiden wrote:
rakeysh.patel wrote:just had one of those tongue in a cheek moment and rang local office where ceremonies take place - they have started to recognise me!! Lady said, Mr Patel nothing for you I am affraid - Damn it, I need to stop :twisted:
Hahaha. I do the same thing mate. Last time I called them, I actually admitted and said "I don't want to give another excuse for my call. HO doesn't say anything about the applications and waiting is so frustrating, that's why I'm calling you". She said that's cheeky but understandable no worries :)

Morning !!

Since UKVI sends the approval via regular post i.e. not "Signed For", sometimes it may so happen that there is a delay in delivering the approval letter or the letter is not delivered at all. Have you guys ever tried calling the Council (NCS) through which you applied, and received any information regarding, if they have received your Certificate because I understand that one must book for the Oath Ceremony within a certain number of days?

I am tempted to inquire with the Council and wanted some inputs about the same as to how to go about it as the automated system on UKVI hangs-up on you once you select the "Application Under 6 Months" option and will either ways not give any more information even if you select an option which would connect you to a representative.

Thanks

hestervanderpoll

Post by hestervanderpoll » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 am

Good news my passport is being printed and should be
with me in a few days.
Applied 16 March 2015
Received at ho 17 March 2015
Fee robbed 26 March 2015
Acknowledgment letter 26 March 2015
Approval 12 May 2015
ceremony date 20 May 2015
Passport application date 26 May 2015
Return of documents from passport office 29 May 2015

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 am

According to my analysis, what they are doing at the moment is clearing all Jan/Feb/March backlog before moving to post April / post biometric applications. They strategy would be to clear all old rule / pre biometric applications first. Currently people who applied in Jan are receiving approvals, even Feb are on hold. So it looks like my guess for August is correct seeing last year timelines. Throughout June, they will process Jan/Feb applications. In July, they will finish Feb/March and then April ones / post biometric apps should expect in August.

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

does passport renewal during naturalisation process has any overall effect ?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:00 pm

hestervanderpoll wrote:Good news my passport is being printed and should be
with me in a few days.
Good but you posting in wrong thread. Here ppl expect news abt naturalization not abt passport. There is a seprate thread for passport.

jojo351

Post by jojo351 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:58 pm

hey, after putting up the spreadsheet altogether I feel like to add the full story of my application and a troubling concern that I had since last night....

Eligibility criteria:10 Years + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria : Life in UK + Certificate
Method of application: posted myself
Date of application:28/March/2015
Payment method:Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/March/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/April/2015
Date of acknowledgement: 16/April/2015
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

Dear all, I am holding a thought that has been troubling since I realised it.

There was an gap issue happened in 2007, it turned my ILR application down in 2013 which was initially refused due to such a gap of 89 days. I had solicitor submitted reconsideration based on the ground of that the refusal was unlawful: compounded results of the followings:

back to 2007, HO office posted my application back to the wrong address----this caused my have only a week to lodge a new application which was in time before visa expired.

Then there were a three further documents requests until the it was sorted out. the 89 days above I mentioned is calculated from last visa expiry date to new visa start date.

My Solicitor challenged that the first refusal was unlawful, the gap is within 28days and ask a discretion reconsideration.

The outcome was that ILR being granted. My take is that HO accepted this gap.

Naively I thought after 12 month, application of Naturalisation would be a straightforward case since I have no other concerns of conviction or what so ever. So I submitted my naturalisation application myself and it seems joined queue after received acknowledge letter two month ago.

The thought troubles me is: under the tightened good character requirement, certainly the drama I explained happened in 2007 will show up on the system as an overstay, will it lead to an automatic rejection?

I think HO case work will go through the material that my solicitor provided and can I hold hope towards that a senior case work (very likely to be handed to) will take a look of the case? such like how the ILR was granted and base on what ground it was granted given the fact of that gap?

I now slightly feel regret to not consult it with the same solicitor who was very helpful with the ILR and I am prepare for the worst but hope for the best outcome :roll:

Just wondering if anyone had or heard similar cases of naturalisation with previous overstay, although in my case it is relatively short, however, 1 day of overstay in their database will be only reckoned as overstay, I tend to not comfort myself by the length of it.

Would be really loverly to hear some opinions.....on the upside, I didn't get an auto refusal after 73days so far---pessimistically thinking that perhaps my case simply hasn't been viewed just yet.

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Here is the timeline for my Wife

Eligibility criteria: spouse of BC
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): ESOL B1 & LIUK
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application:NCS
Council name if NCS used: Bracknell
Date of application: 03/03/2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgment Received: 14/03/2015 Date 08/03/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/03/2015
Date approval received: WAITING
Date of ceremony: WAITING

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi

seems like HO is working on Jan/Feb/Mar applications before coming to new forms of april n so on. I havent seen any April approval so far so that means they are trying to finish up with first 3 months so hopefully june/july these 2 months will bring us many approvals insha Allah.

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:29 pm

tulip11 wrote:Hi

seems like HO is working on Jan/Feb/Mar applications before coming to new forms of april n so on. I havent seen any April approval so far so that means they are trying to finish up with first 3 months so hopefully june/july these 2 months will bring us many approvals insha Allah.
insha allah

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:07 pm

03001232253 is the number if you wanna inquire about your documents. Making online request doesn't work sometimes. It's a beta version(trial phase) I think.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Can I please remind all members who are posting comments to please stick to the topic of the thread, i.e. Timelines Only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:08 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:
tulip11 wrote:we were being told its sent by recorded delivery . so my question to those who used NCS so did they tell you guys that its recorded delivery by royal mail ? or some other one .
Its sent via DX

They use Royal Mail now as told by ncs lady. my tracking number was for Royal Mail

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:23 am

February approvals again took a start hopefully after them is our turn insha Allah :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:46 am

[quote="tulip11"]February approvals again took a start hopefully after them is our turn insha Allah :)[/quote]

Hope,you are right. We have been waiting for the approval too. I had a feeling we would receive it during our holiday but there was no brown envelope on Friday morning when we got back :-(

Just booked a Paris trip in October and I really hope we do not need to apply for schengen visa as my husband can travel with his British passport at that time. Fingers crossed :')

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:40 pm

need advice i would like to change my address with HO wich the better way .. call or fill the form ..help pls

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:02 am

[quote="bosh83"]need advice i would like to change my address with HO wich the better way .. call or fill the form ..help pls[/quote]

Sorry but i dont understand why you need advice which way to do it :cry: :? :shock:
Do both if it makes you ok :o

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm

jaweb wrote:
bosh83 wrote:need advice i would like to change my address with HO wich the better way .. call or fill the form ..help pls
Sorry but i dont understand why you need advice which way to do it :cry: :? :shock:
Do both if it makes you ok :o
i need advice coz i dont know how thats work thanks any way

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:33 pm

bosh83 wrote: i need advice coz i dont know how thats work thanks any way
Please click here and select "Change of address".
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:56 pm

fwd079 wrote:
bosh83 wrote: i need advice coz i dont know how thats work thanks any way
Please click here and select "Change of address".
thanks alot mate that's what i looking for thanks again

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 pm

End of February got one approval. I feel like this week or next week anyone from March will get the approval insha Allah :)