ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Finance requirment missing document

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nahmede
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Finance requirment missing document

Post by Nahmede » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:41 pm

Hello,

I am a British Citizen. My Wife recently submitted her Spouse Visa application at VFS Chennai on 25th May 2015.

I realized that I made a mistake in the documents list and did not provide a mandatory document from the below list. i.e As listed in point(1) below I provided VAT certificate BUT missed the VAT return print out. Its a shame that I did not read point(1) completely and was in a haste.

(vii) One of the following documents must also be provided:
(1) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a print-out) confirming the
VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last
full financial year.
(2) Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
(3) Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE
reference number and Accounts Office reference number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the
documentation issued by HMRC.

Is there any way I can send the VAT return documents to the case worker now as my application should still be in early stages?
OR
Should I wait for them to get back to me requesting for the document as in most cases they refuse straight away :(

However I have provided my residential lease agreement of my residence in UK as proof of sufficient accommodation for spouse in a different section of cover letter. My home address happens to be my business address in VAT certificate of my Limited company. But I have not mentioned explicitly in my cover letter regarding point (2), rather I have mentioned about only point(1) and submitted VAT registration certificate only. Will the lease agreement be overlooked?

Please could someone throw some light on this.

Cheers,
N

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Finance requirment missing document

Post by PariJ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:55 am

Contact ukvi and check whether you can provide the missing documents, you still have got time since Eco will look into application only by 5th or 6th week from date of application.

If you are lucky, they will request for additional documents.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:53 am

PariJ wrote:Contact ukvi and check whether you can provide the missing documents, you still have got time since Eco will look into application only by 5th or 6th week from date of application.

If you are lucky, they will request for additional documents.
PariJ how can you be sure Eco will only look into application by 5th or 6th week? According to April's data of the home office website, 32% of the applications were processed in 30 days.

sal911
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sal911 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:15 pm

I made the exact same error when my wife applied for her spouse visa in 2012 (post July). I also contemplated sending in the VAT return after submitting the application. After a lot of thought and advice from members on this forum I decided to leave it. It worked out well for us as the visa was granted. I assumed it was probably the fact all the other business information was as per the guidelines and bank statements also showed payments being made to HMRC for the VAT.

Nahmede
Newly Registered

Post by Nahmede » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks guys.

By contacting UKVI am i going mess up my chances ?

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 pm

UKVI will advise on your query, dont think they will forward your query directly to ECO if that is what you are referring too.

@claraluh-only 11% of settlement applications were processed within 30 days and 100% within 60 days from chennai.When i applied from chennai in Feb 2015, the status of my application never changed till 6th week, i applied under same Financial category as Nahmede.