ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GP Refrence MN1 Pay?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jnikki4u

GP Refrence MN1 Pay?

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:55 am

Hi,

Called my GP this morning and the reception says Doctors need 2 days for getting the Forms Signed and they charge fee for that :x .

Isn't it Stupid to Charge fee for Baby reference ?

Regards
Nikki

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: GP Refrence MN1 Pay?

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:46 pm

jnikki4u wrote:Hi,

Called my GP this morning and the reception says Doctors need 2 days for getting the Forms Signed and they charge fee for that :x .

Regards
Nikki
Its business :lol:
But if you another professional referee, who knows you for past three years, have him/her signed, no need for it to be a doctor.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 pm

No it isn't stupid, it is not part of the usual/normal free NHS services so why should they offer it for free (I am speaking from experience of working for a GP). As suggested, if you have another professional referee then use them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Yes croo1 is right. Its not covered by NHS and mostly depend on GP discretion but GP reference is acceptable. To one of my friend his GP charge him £20 and it was accepted for MN1.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:49 pm

The Health Visitor would likely do it for free.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:59 am

Amber wrote:The Health Visitor would likely do it for free.
During my daughter's MN1, health visitor,teachers refused since she wasn't born in UK, even though she was just two and half years old (I think it was just an excuse, happy to be corrected though) so I used my friend and my boss as referees. She got approved without a problem.

FAISAL20
Newly Registered

Post by FAISAL20 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:05 pm

fwd079 wrote:
During my daughter's MN1, health visitor,teachers refused since she wasn't born in UK, even though she was just two and half years old (I think it was just an excuse, happy to be corrected though) so I used my friend and my boss as referees. She got approved without a problem.
Hi Amber,

Could you please tell me what your boss has written in your application, how he knows your kids?

Is it like: Designation / Colleague kids ???

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 pm

FAISAL20 wrote:
fwd079 wrote:
Hi Amber,

Could you please tell me what your boss has written in your application, how he knows your kids?
Amber is already British, its fwd079 who did that. :) . But what assurance/guideline we need to give to referee who feel fear in acting as referee that they won't be affected.

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 am

Took the references from

1. Babys Health Visitor
2. Our Neighbour who is a British Citizen now

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:22 pm

FAISAL20 wrote:
fwd079 wrote:
Hi Amber,

My boss simply wrote "I know the father for past six years as he is employee in my company".
It went with my own Naturalisation application and we both were approved without hassle.