ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nplheart
Newly Registered

Length of Visa

Post by nplheart » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

Dear forum members,

Tier 1 Entrepreneur, in-country application
Visa applied: September, 2014
Rejected: December 2014
Appealed: January, 2015
Appeal Allowed: May, 2015
BRP Received: June, 2015

They have issued me visa for 3 years only while I thought that we are eligible for 3 years and 4 months.
Also, my wife has "Restricted Work" in the remarks in her BRP.

I am thinking to apply for administrative review. Please inform me if this is the new rule or if the UKVI really made a mistake in our BRP.

Would highly appreciate your valuable remarks.

solaced
United Kingdom

Re: Length of Visa

Post by solaced » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi ! I think, Tier 1 visa is now granted for 3 years (not 100 % sure, someone told me). But never heard that dependent is not allowed to work. Seniors are requested to shed light on this new issue. Already, there are so many limitations to work/business for Tier 1 main applicant but how one can survive economically if spouse is restricted from work . After confirmation from others on this forum, you should apply through solicitor to wave off this restriction.

bizz123

Post by bizz123 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Never heard of restrictions it may be only certain fields like dentist etc please contact solicitor
Regards

nplheart
Newly Registered

Post by nplheart » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Thank you Bizz123 and solaced for the reply

Regarding work restriction for my dependent, I misunderstood it. My dependent has right to work indeed.

I have applied for administrative review regarding length of stay for 3 years only instead of 3 years and 4 months

I am expected to get the decision within 28 days

Thanks