ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP Albanian / Greek Citizien

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iva
Newly Registered

EEA FP Albanian / Greek Citizien

Post by Iva » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi ,

I am albanian married to a greek citizien who has two months in the UK now seeking for a job. I want to make my application online but i am afraid it is too soon , since my husband doesnt have any job yet.

Can someone please tell me if i need to wait until he finds a job or can i apply even now? Is it mandatory that he has to be in the Uk for more than three months in order to get me or can i apply since i'm going to travel to UK with him?

Please i would really really appriciate your help, thnx :)

cafeconleche

Re: EEA FP Albanian / Greek Citizien

Post by cafeconleche » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:55 pm

You can apply now, and your rights are automatic. However, without the EEA citizen having a job, your COA will likely not stipulate the right to work (even though this is automatic). Employers, unfortunately, want this in writing.

Iva
Newly Registered

Post by Iva » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks for replying. Does this mean I don't have the right to work once arriving in uk?

Thanks again :)

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Iva wrote:Thanks for replying. Does this mean I don't have the right to work once arriving in uk?

Thanks again :)
You can apply for an EEA family permit now if you normally need a visa to enter the UK. You could have applied before he went to the UK and entered along with him. This is what my partner did last year. I would recommend that you apply for the EEA family permit BEFORE he has been in the UK for 3 months. If he has been there for 3 months, the UK will expect to see the evidence/proof that he is a 'qualified person' in the UK (i.e. working/studying with comprehensive sickness insurance etc).

If your husband can find any formal job with payslips/contract/letters from the employer before the end of the 3 months that would be enough for you to apply for a residence card when you arrive in the UK. This seems to be what Cafeconleche above means. Your EEA family permit will not show your right to work explicitly, however you will be able to work and you do have this right. The issue is that it will be hard to prove it to an employer unless you have the COA after applying for a residence card OR the actual residence card itself.

Iva
Newly Registered

Post by Iva » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 am

thanks for the help guys,

One last question regarding my documents. I have the marriage certification, my passport , his passport. should i say that he is travelling with me? Should he come to take me? waht should my husband write in the support letter from the EEA national?

Thanks once again for your help :)

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Ah yes, I didn't read carefully enough. I was talking about applying for an RC AFTER entering the UK.