ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Someone Help Please "messed up situation"

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dwain
Newly Registered

Someone Help Please "messed up situation"

Post by dwain » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi guys, I see a lot of people are very helpful on this board thats why I decided to post.
My problem is this. I have been in the UK since 2003. I came as a 17 year old with my mum and two brothers. since then, my mum and my little brother have already attained their British citizenship while my twin brother and I have remained stuck on ILR (we kept it on the back burner for too long).
In 20011, my twin brother on (ILR) got into jail for 18 months and he has been deported since (voluntarily). As for me, I was no angel myself. I have been in trouble several times (particularly driving without insurance) I eventually got a disqualification for totting up points in 2011.
After this, I decided to change my life and be a better person. I have avoided all sorts of trouble and stayed clear of stupid activity or recklessness. Alas in 2013, while staying out of trouble, I was wrongly accused of and I was convicted for assault by beating which I stupidly made a guilty plea to and I was sentenced to partake in an anger management class thereafter.
In 2015 I had a FPN for going through a red light after 1 second and then I was made to also partake in a driving awareness course.
In addition to all these, I have had about 7 parking tickets in 2015 (I do suffer from ADHD by the way).
Plus I owe HMRC, about £1155 and I still have court fines of my previous convictions years earlier dating back to 2006 I still have to finish paying. It was over £1000 but due to my steady payment, I have managed to bring it down to about £495.
I am also applying for various jobs at the moment not only for this, I also have a lovely toddler girl (she would be 19 months old soon).
I am also studying a degree course at a university at the moment while doing an IT career course at an IT school.
I got refused at the training stage for a job recently, because they told me the passport that had my ILR had expired and I had to transfer it to either the new one get a biometric card.
Reading all the comments here, I am scared to apply for a biometric card because I am scared they that HO might take my passport due to all the past issues.
I am so tired of all these things and I want to be a honest citizen and contribute not just to the society, but to make the world improve.

By the way, I haven't traveled outside UK since I arrived in 2003.
I need advise because I want to naturalize and be able to go for the jobs and opportunities out there. my baby is growing rapidly and its a scary thought (her mum is a British Citizen by the way and I love her dearly).
Thanks for replies.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Someone Help Please "messed up situation"

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Your latest offences are this year i.e. 2015 so due to your past character situation personally I'd wait for three more years, keep myself out of trouble completely, and then apply in 2018. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:15 pm

dwain wrote:Hi guys, I see a lot of people are very helpful on this board thats why I decided to post.
My problem is this...

Reading all the comments here, I am scared to apply for a biometric card because I am scared they that HO might take my passport due to all the past issues.
I am so tired of all these things and I want to be a honest citizen and contribute not just to the society, but to make the world improve.

By the way, I haven't traveled outside UK since I arrived in 2003.

I need advise because I want to naturalize and be able to go for the jobs and opportunities out there. my baby is growing rapidly and its a scary thought (her mum is a British Citizen by the way and I love her dearly).
Thanks for replies.
Note The HO really cannot take a foreign passport away from you - it will be 'owned' by the other country so it's nothing to do with UK government.

All the requirements you need to fulfill are covered in the documents found here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:18 pm

So after you "..... decided to change my life and be a better person ......." you got
1 conviction
1 FPN
7 Parking Tickets
100's owed to HMRC and
Court fines
I wonder how you were before this point :shock:

It looks like that the best option is to wait until 2018 as advised by other posters. If ILR on expired passport is an issue then take a look at the link below to tranfer your ILR onto BRP although I would recommend you stay well clear of HO until 2018.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

dwain
Newly Registered

Post by dwain » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 pm

fwd079 wrote:Your latest offences are this year i.e. 2015 so due to your past character situation personally I'd wait for three more years, keep myself out of trouble completely, and then apply in 2018. Good luck.
Thanks for the encouragement. I used to be so silly sometimes really silly and also used to be quite impulsive. I will wait till 2018 or 19 before any application is made.

dwain
Newly Registered

Post by dwain » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks guys.. I would stay out of issues from now on. Much appreciated. Just wanted to know if there was any hope for me