ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

papan36125
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by papan36125 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I got my Tier 2 General visa in October 2012 so I'm up for renewal this October 2015. My company used the SOC code for Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified which is 2129 and my salary was above the minimum threshold so I was okay. Now my company will not renew my visa so I have been looking elsewhere. Unfortunately the jobs that I am finding are all paying me less than what I am making in my company now, which is £40k. The kind of jobs that I am getting are under the SOC code for Programmers and software development professionals which is 2136. I saw the salary requirements as: New entrant: £24,000 / Experienced: £31,100. My questions are as follows:-
Can I apply for new entrant jobs in a different company and can that company use the New Entrant threshold for my CoS? I'm confused since this will be my second stint with the Tier 2 General.
Since I'm pretty sure that whichever category job I manage to get my salary in the new company will be less than what my current salary is, will that be an issue?
When I make a new Visa Application with a new company, will it also be an extension application for further 3 years?
I really need some help and fast. Thanks in advance for your help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by manci » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm

papan36125 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I got my Tier 2 General visa in October 2012 so I'm up for renewal this October 2015. My company used the SOC code for Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified which is 2129 and my salary was above the minimum threshold so I was okay. Now my company will not renew my visa so I have been looking elsewhere. Unfortunately the jobs that I am finding are all paying me less than what I am making in my company now, which is £40k. The kind of jobs that I am getting are under the SOC code for Programmers and software development professionals which is 2136. I saw the salary requirements as: New entrant: £24,000 / Experienced: £31,100. My questions are as follows:-

Can I apply for new entrant jobs in a different company and can that company use the]New Entrant threshold for my CoS? I'm confused since this will be my second stint with the Tier 2 General.
no

Since I'm pretty sure that whichever category job I manage to get my salary in the new company will be less than what my current salary is, will that be an issue?
no

When I make a new Visa Application with a new company, will it also be an extension application for further 3 years?
no, it will be a change of employment application for which an RLMT is required (unless exempted)

I really need some help and fast. Thanks in advance for your help.