ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC (Accomodation Arrangement)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khurramsez
Newly Registered

EC (Accomodation Arrangement)

Post by Khurramsez » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi,

I got HSMP approved and now I am planning to apply for VISA on Nov 2nd week.

I just want to know that for the EC accommodation requirement can I showed that my relatives are UK nationals and living there from last 25 years and they are inviting me to stay with them.

So is it ok to show in the visa application that I would be staying with them for the initial 1 to 2 months or its better to show my own arrangements for the accommodation.

Please forward for valuable comments!

KS

jd
Member of Standing

Re: EC (Accomodation Arrangement)

Post by jd » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi Khurramsez,

What evidences you submitted for initial HSMP?

Thanks,
JD
Khurramsez wrote:Hi,

I just want to know that for the EC accommodation requirement can I showed that my relatives are UK nationals and living there from last 25 years and they are inviting me to stay with them.

So is it ok to show in the visa application that I would be staying with them for the initial 1 to 2 months or its better to show my own arrangements for the accommodation.

KS

ajaysharmanyc2006

accommodation in UK

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:57 am

Hi,

I got my HSMP approved and I am in the process of applying for EC.
One of my friends from college days lives in London and has agreed to provide me accommodation until I get job.
Do you think a simple letter from him would be sufficient or he need to send me notarized letter stating his committment.
Is there any standard format to follow for support docs.

Thanks a ton for your help.

ajay

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 am

hi ajay,
Your friend can get a sponsor letter notarized that would be good to show in the EC

Khurramsez
Newly Registered

Sponsor letter format for accommodation

Post by Khurramsez » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:19 pm

herts wrote:hi ajay,
Your friend can get a sponsor letter notarized that would be good to show in the EC
Hi,

Can someone send me the sponsor letter format for accommodation.

Looking Forward.

Khurramsez
Newly Registered

Re: EC (Accomodation Arrangement)

Post by Khurramsez » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:23 pm

jd wrote:Hi Khurramsez,

What evidences you submitted for initial HSMP?

Thanks,
JD
Khurramsez wrote:Hi,

KS
Hi,

I submitted the following documents for HSMP.

1) UK NARIC letter
2) IELTS certificate
3) 15 Salary slips
4) Educational documents originals
5) Birth certificate and its translation also.
6) Tax return 2006-2007
7) Employee certificate mentioning my salaries.
8) Cover letter

Thats all I summited.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:47 pm

The letter does not need to be notorised.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:03 pm

here you go Ajay/Khurramsez

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879

Ajay -- You don need to have a notorised letter from your friend. You can ask him to scan & mail it with you along with other docs and it will work for you.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:41 pm

where does it say for accomodation we need all these informataion, such as tennecy, council tax utility bill and so on? which form or which website says that we need to provide this? or does the VFS people say so? or its just an unwritten law? because in the visa form there is a place where it ask where we are gonna stay if we go to uk.. so just putting the address of the person phone number and the relationship is not enough? please clearify.. :?

RAW

Post by RAW » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:46 am

nionlight,

its not written anywhere to attach all these docs like tennecy, council tax etc etc........ but attaching proof of accommodation is a mandatory document for EC (i believe) rather then just mentioning address on VAF1 form..........n I just attached a letter from my relative living in UK along with photocopy of his passport's first page (as he's British national)...... That’s it...... cause my point of view is to be precise rather than attaching each n every document u finds.

Cheers,
RAW

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:24 pm

ambitions_high wrote:here you go Ajay/Khurramsez

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879

Ajay -- You don need to have a notorised letter from your friend. You can ask him to scan & mail it with you along with other docs and it will work for you.
Thanks a ton.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Reply from British High Commision.

"
Offers of accommodation will normally need to consist of a signed letter from the address in the UK, as well as evidence that the person either owns the property or the landlord/local council has given approval for you/your family to stay at that address."

Hope this helps
Kaff

aai123
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsor letter format for accommodation

Post by aai123 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi

Please read below format for Sponsor letter I used. You can make a few changes and use it. Best of Luck for your application.

To,
The Immigration Officer,
British Embassy
Mumbai
India

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings,

I write this brief supporting letter to further support XXX’s application for HSMP visa for her to enter the UK on HSMP.
I am a XXX citizen and live at the above address. I have been a close friend of XXX since XXX. I would like to confirm that XXX would be staying with me at my house in Edgware where I stay with my XXX. I would like also to state that, if necessary, I would be willing and able to support her financially if she got into such a financial predicament. I would like to assure the government of England that she will not become a public burden on this country or its people.
I have enclosed evidence –
A) 3 months original bank statement
B) Last salary statement
C) Copy of my valid passport
D) Utility bill

I hope that my supporting letter will assist in XXX’s HSMP visa application, and also would be grateful if you would approve request for HSMP visa application.
I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on 1234 or alternatively via email XXX@abc.com.
Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,
XXX