ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MISTAKE ON NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE. NEED HELP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Melina
Newly Registered

MISTAKE ON NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE. NEED HELP

Post by Melina » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi,
Ive just received my naturalisation certificate with a mistake in my maiden name.
Do i need to send them my original passport or a copy will do?
Do i need to pay fee?
Im traveling abroad soon, so i need my passport.
Does anyone knows the official link or site where it says what evidence is accepted?

Thanks

vinny

Re: MISTAKE ON NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE. NEED HELP

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Android79
Newly Registered

Post by Android79 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:56 am

Sorry if this will sound not nice but, Why the hell a person have to pay for a correction that clearly was a mistake by the home office?
I mean, to get naturalized we have to sent our passport and a application form and other documents with our names and they still get this wrong? (unless the applicant made a mistake)

AMAZING!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:12 am

Android79 wrote:Sorry if this will sound not nice but, Why the hell a person have to pay for a correction that clearly was a mistake by the home office?
I mean, to get naturalized we have to sent our passport and a application form and other documents with our names and they still get this wrong? (unless the applicant made a mistake)

AMAZING!
I was wondering the same thing! Why should applicants have to pay for the caseworker's error?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Melina wrote:Hi,
Ive just received my naturalisation certificate with a mistake in my maiden name.
Do i need to pay fee?
Does anyone knows the official link or site where it says what evidence is accepted?

Thanks
Can you prove it is their mistake?

If you have copies of your AN form, which clearly shows you did not make a mistake, then you can risk sending a letter to Home Office with proper proofs and Passport certified copies. But I doubt this will work and could only delay getting a replacement.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:26 pm

Android79 wrote:Sorry if this will sound not nice but, Why the hell a person have to pay for a correction that clearly was a mistake by the home office?

AMAZING!
Yes, I agree with your sentiments. Having only just seen what the correction fee is now, if it was an error made by the HO, then it would be very unfair to expect the applicant to pay to correct their mistake! At the very least a letter of complaint would be in order, or at least that's what I'd do.

Melina
Newly Registered

Post by Melina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi,

Yes, I think its unfair to charge me another £162 for their mistake (only one letter in my maiden surname is wrong.
Thank you for your replies, but in the link Get a replacement UK citizenship certificate
there is nothing saying about supporting documents which should be sent with the application form????????????

Has anyone been in the same situation recently???

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Do i need to pay fee?

Thanks
The guidance HM PO use is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... icates.pdf

The following suggests a proven HM PO mistake will result in a re-issue of the certificate (for free??) instead of an amended certificate (for a fee).
Incorrect details entered on Naturalisation and Registration certificates
Where UKBA agree through the production of evidence that they have made an error on a certificate (that is that the information provided at the time of the certificate was correct, but that UKBA have not issued a certificate showing
that information), then they will ordinarily re-issue the certificate showing the correct details.
I suggest the necessary evidence would be a copy of original application form (or the form if you have it) & a copy of your original document (possibly certified) showing the details you used on the form.
If those details clearly match then the error must sit with HM PO.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

faani

Post by faani » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:14 pm

Do i need to pay fee?

Thanks
Hello

Pls can you explain what kind of mistake ?? Is your name spelt incorrectly ? Is the mistake done by you or by HO

If you made a mistake then you have to pay fee but if Mistake done by HO then you don't need to pay just send a cover letter explain the mistake n mention that this is not from your side it is done by HO plus copies of passport

I got same problem my first name spelt incorrectly I simply phoned HO explained them the mistake also mentioned that this is done by HO not from my side so I didnt pay any fee I also double checked with HO advisor n he confirmed me yes no need to pay just send us original certificate plus cover letter explain the whole thing I also sent passport copy as an authentic proof to show correct spelling of my first name

I think within 2 week I got my amended certificate
Last edited by faani on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 pm

faani wrote:I got same problem my first name spelt incorrectly I simply phoned HO explained them the mistake also mentioned that this is done by HO not from my side so I don't need to pay any fee HO advisor confirmed me yes no need to pay just send us original certificate plus cover letter explain the whole thing n for safe side passport copies

That's good to hear.

Melina
Newly Registered

Post by Melina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 pm

faani wrote:[quote="

Hello

Pls can you explain what kind of mistake ?? Is your name spelt incorrectly ? Is the mistake done by you or by HO

If you made a mistake then you have to pay fee but if Mistake done by HO then you don't need to pay just send a cover letter explain the mistake n mention that this is not from your side it is done by HO plus copies of passport

I got same problem my first name spelt incorrectly I simply phoned HO explained them the mistake also mentioned that this is done by HO not from my side so I didnt pay any fee I also double checked with HO advisor n he confirmed me yes no need to pay just send us original certificate plus cover letter explain the whole thing I also sent passport copy as an authentic proof to show correct spelling of my first name

Hi,

Mistake in my maiden surname, they used a letter "s" instead of letter "g". If they could not see it clearly on my application form, they had a copy of my passport and a copy of my ILR card, but they were not bothered to double check.
So, I will send them original certificate plus cover letter explaining the whole thing, passport copy and ILR card copy and just in case a fee sheet as well.

faani

Post by faani » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:18 am

Melina wrote:
faani wrote:[quote="

Hello

Hi,

Mistake in my maiden surname, they used a letter "s" instead of letter "g". If they could not see it clearly on my application form, they had a copy of my passport and a copy of my ILR card, but they were not bothered to double check.
So, I will send them original certificate plus cover letter explaining the whole thing, passport copy and ILR card copy and just in case a fee sheet as well.

Hello

I suggest you to call HO explain the mistake n double check about fee payment this is what i did I told them about the mistake n also mentioned this is not done from my side so as per guidance in your website still I need to pay then HO advisor confirmed me NO you don't need to pay

He also advised me to send above Mentioned stuff ASAP .....
So best to call HO n double check with them n explain the whole thing plus diuble check the required supporting doc

I also explained the whole thing + my conversation with HO advisor on my my cover letter also mentioned that HO confirmed me not pay any fee as this mistake is done from their side

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:04 am

Melina wrote: Hi,

Like I said, its risky to expect any positive result, unless you can prove it was their mistake, by providing the photocopy of AN form you sent, or making an SAR request to see what was written on your AN form. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

upunalesk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Latvia

Post by upunalesk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 am

Melina wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 pm
Hi,
Do i need to pay fee?

Thanks
Hi Melina. Have you see this mistake on your invitation? I think I will have the same problem.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:23 am

upunalesk wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 am
Melina wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 pm
Hi,
Do i need to pay fee?

Thanks
Hi Melina. Have you see this mistake on your invitation? I think I will have the same problem.
Thanks
This topic is from 2015. User Melina has not logged into the forum since November 2015 and is no longer active.

Kindly start your own topic with your queries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.