ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is PCN different to FPN? Should be declared?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musmi
Newly Registered

Is PCN different to FPN? Should be declared?

Post by musmi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Dear Gurus, seniors members and all.

I was issued two penalty charge notices (PCNs) in last 12 months, one by sainburry's for car parking and other by local council for parking. Both were paid in time.

AN form wording is for Fixed penalty notices (FPNs) not PCNs. Kindly advise should i even declare these two PCNs?

Thanks

musmi
Newly Registered

Re: Is PCN different to FPN? Should be declared?

Post by musmi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 am

I will appreciate some advice here. thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:21 am

musmi wrote:Dear Gurus, seniors members and all.

I was issued two penalty charge notices (PCNs) in last 12 months, one by sainburry's for car parking and other by local council for parking. Both were paid in time.

AN form wording is for Fixed penalty notices (FPNs) not PCNs. Kindly advise should i even declare these two PCNs?

Thanks
Should not be a problem, please see Q5 in this link. Also, I'd request to go through the link and read it, some good information there. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

musmi
Newly Registered

Post by musmi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:08 am

Thank you - I posted this tread after reading that. It still confuses me because it reads "(PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN."

If there is no specific requirement to declare PCNs then why should those be considered as FPN?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:24 am

my husband had one pnc from council which he paid. NCS lady yesterday said no need to declare as it's not FPN

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 am

musmi wrote:Thank you - I posted this tread after reading that. It still confuses me because it reads "(PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN."

If there is no specific requirement to declare PCNs then why should those be considered as FPN?
They may be considered as FPN if you have a lot of them.
That is what text the text above tells you, so if you have only one or two PCNs, I would not worry much. I never have had a PCN/FPN in my whole driving life so I cannot tell much about "how many is too many" and Home Office has used the word numerous, so personally I'd consider more than three to be a problem. Good luck.

musmi
Newly Registered

Post by musmi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:43 am

HO has left it very ambiguous, in fact the whole concept of "Good character" is dubious and used as a buffer whenever they want to.
Since they worded it " Fixed Penalty Notices" in form and guide i would probably choose not to declare two PCNs i have had during last 12 months.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:16 pm

musmi wrote:HO has left it very ambiguous, in fact the whole concept of "Good character" is dubious and used as a buffer whenever they want to.
Since they worded it " Fixed Penalty Notices" in form and guide i would probably choose not to declare two PCNs i have had during last 12 months.
Personally I would agree to that too, based upon the information provided in the previously supplied link. Good luck.