ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultant offering 100% job assistance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pankaj80
Newly Registered

Consultant offering 100% job assistance

Post by pankaj80 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi

Me & my frnd r in the process of applying for hsmp, my frnd recently got in touch with some consultant who is offering 100% job assistance after succussfull stamping of hsmp but the consultant is asking for a whoping amt of money (90,000 INR).

though I am not very much intrested in the services of that consultant but my friend thinks that this is a good idea...

I was hoping this forum can help me with their take on this issue...
Thanks in advance

HSMP3000
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP3000 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:40 pm

What do you mean by 100% job assistance?Are you saying the consultant is definetly giving you the job if you pay the money?Well I think you are not supposed to pay any job agency or consultant for job search...that is just my thinking

Anyway always put your figures in GBP or Dollars .....we are not all Indians :D

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:53 pm

The hsmp guidance notes are very easy to follow and the form can be filled by yourself alone, there is no need to pay the agents just for filling the form. You can always check these forums for further assistance. As far as the job is concerned, If you are in IT field then the only thing you need is HSMP approval, job will automatically follow.

Regards.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:28 pm

If xe.com is right, 90,000 INR is more than ??1100. If your friend wants to pay someone ??700 to fill in the form (I do hope the ??1100 includes the HSMP fee) then he's an idiot.
________
LAMBORGHINI URRACO SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:39 pm

£700 for a consultant to make the HSMP application (excluding government fees) is pretty much on the lower end of market rate - whether someone is an idiot for using a company is a metter of opinion. However, no one can guarantee a job for you in the UK, and I would be wary about any firm which says they can.

Remember that, in the UK, it is illegal for an employment agency to get money from the candidate. Why not get the HSMP then look for work yourself, rather than handing over cash to people you may not be able to trust?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm

I fully agree with this. I know well that OISC consultant normally charge around £1000 (or upwards) so £700 is quite low.

If a consultant promise could guarantee a job I will be very carefull about this ?.

What kind of job thy have not mentioned it. If U r just looking for a job which are normally done by students then it is pretty easy to get it once U arrive in the UK.

VictoriaS wrote:£700 for a consultant to make the HSMP application (excluding government fees) is pretty much on the lower end of market rate - whether someone is an idiot for using a company is a metter of opinion. However, no one can guarantee a job for you in the UK, and I would be wary about any firm which says they can.

Remember that, in the UK, it is illegal for an employment agency to get money from the candidate. Why not get the HSMP then look for work yourself, rather than handing over cash to people you may not be able to trust?

Victoria
Pantaiema

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:15 pm

Hiya,

I would be very vary of the language they use. A 100% Job Assistance is not equivalent to a Job.

Assistance is, at the end of the day, Assistance. It does not imply a job, nor is a job guarantee, and has no legal standing.

The HSMP application process is relatively simple and very very well documented in these pages. Also, if you are in doubt, there are about a 1000 people here who can provide you assistance.

Please remember one thing - if you think you qualify for an HSMP, the rest is a matter of presenting the basis and evidence of why you think you are eligible. You can do this as well as, if not better than, any Agent.

Think about it.

niruv

Post by niruv » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:15 pm

yes it is just job assistance and not job gaurantee.
But paying money to consultant is not a good idea if you have minimum knowledge abt hsmp

ec_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by ec_applicant » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:37 am

As far as HSMP initial approval and EC/FLR is concerned it is pretty simple and you will find all possible help in this forrum so no need to approch a consultant.
If a consulatnt promises you a job then i would say he is lying. No one can promise a job unless he himself has a company of his own.
Best would be to get the VISA and search for it your self.