ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on BRP and New Passport - To be submitted for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atrang

Query on BRP and New Passport - To be submitted for ILR

Post by atrang » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi Gurus,

I hope the masters of this forum will be able to help me with this query related to BRP and the Passport being submitted during ILR application.

Basically, me and my dependent wife got extension in 2012 on our T-1 (G) visa till 2015 and my ILR is due in next month. We were issued BRPs as a result of the extension and since my wife's passport was ending in 2014, she applied for Passport Renewal at High Commission of India in London and received new passport. I am not sure if this was required to be informed to Home Office, but we didn't inform Home Office about it and I don't know if Indian High Commision does inform about this to HO or not.
After the passport renewal, my wife has made two trips to India with the BRP and there was never a problem during immigration.

Now, my query is if BRP is linked to the passport in any way and if the passport renewal needs to be informed to HO before my ILR application?

Any guidance in this regard would be really helpful.
Thanks in anticipation.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Re: Query on BRP and New Passport - To be submitted for ILR

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:20 pm

You don't need to inform the Home Office when you get a new passport, so there is no issue for you to worry about.

When you apply, you can show the old passport and the current one.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:21 pm

It is not a requirement to inform HO every time a passport is renewed. BRP is linked to the person holding the card.

Embassy's also do not inform Home Office is a passport is renewed, it has nothing to do with Home Office really.

She will be fine as long as she still has her old passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

atrang

Post by atrang » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks so much guys for the quick responses. This has relieved me of one of the tensions related to ILR, others still haunt me.