ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sa7e
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by sa7e » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 pm

swa wrote:
sa7e wrote:
swa wrote:Hi good people,

Have been a silent observer on this forum. Now my turn to share!

Granted ilr(lr) yesterday 5yrs study + 2 yrs post study + 3 yrs EEA2

Total absences in 10yrs = 36 days, One gap of 2days
Docs Summitted = Passport, Life in Uk, Degree, 3yrs proof of treaty rights from my wife + MC ( Caseworker did not even ask for this although it is required as per application form)

Process took 2.5hrs approx and totally premium ( addressed as sir and fully respected e.t.c.)

Will recommend premium service anytime and felt like I was welcome in UK. All looking cheerful.

Now awaiting BRP, do not know how soon ( Told to expect in 7 working days ). Any timeline on this?

Will welcome any questions please

Good luck to all waiting.....My respect as I know the feeling!
by MC you mean marriage certificate ?? what about your p60, bank statements, payslips, EEA partner bank statements and payslips and proof of cohabitation. I'm have exactly the same situation and will apply in November. The way you described sounds too good to be true.
Yes, Marriage Certificate. I supplied P60s for previous years, monthly payslips from June 2014 to date and letter from my wife's employer detailing her position and employment. No bank statements or other documents supplied. My observation was that the caseworker wasn't too keen on photocopying unnecessary documents and yes I was in a big shock ( I remember saying to the caseworker " Wow, is this it?" lol. Over time, I had the perception that caseworkers will try to look for any reason to refuse an application. My experience was totally at odds with my perception.
Hope this helps you sir/madame
Your response is highly appreciable. Glad to hear that your experience was amazing. That gives us some sort of a relief. My wife is self-employed since 2011 and i guess self-assessment, tax returns and NI contribution along with invoices would be enough to prove her treaty rights. As for me, all P60 available along with last 1 year payslips. And ofcours LIUT and Degree. Do you suggest I should use premium service?

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Approved / Dependents Query

Post by immee » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Hiya everyone.

My Set (LR) was approved on a premium service today... It hardly took them under couple of hours for the whole process..

I have couple of question though:

I have 3 dependents, My wife and two children and i just want to check whether my understanding is correct...

My Wife was on my Tier 2 dependent, She was issued with first dependent visa (entry clearance) on 2 July 2012 and she first entered the UK on 29 July 2012... My understanding is that i will have to send FLR(M) form for her now ? and she will have to spend 5 More years before she could apply for ILR ? and that her previous 3 Years of residence in the UK is sort of wasted now (in terms of time towards the ILR ?)

My elder Child was born in the UK, so i will be applying for her citizenship straight away..

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... He was born last year when we went abroad (Pakistan) on holidays for couple of months.. My wife could not travel back due she being told by the airline and the doctor that it is not safe for her to travel now.. So child was born in Pakistan, we then applied for his dependent visa later on they all came to the UK.. So my wife stayed abroad for nearly 11 months during that period... Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? ... I dont think i can apply for his citizenship straight away, i did asked this question to the Visa officer today but he wasnt sure about this, he said it was a tricky one.. I assume i may be able to apply for his ILR as he is under 16 and then i should` be able to apply for his citizenship straight away...

And the last thing.. as since my Visa status has changed now, how long do i have before i could apply for their variation of leave ? is there any timeline ? they still have previous leave to remain as dependent until January 2017...

Experts answer will be highly appreciated.

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:40 am

Gooooooood news! After a long wait I've received a call from my solicitor that all Doc and BRP are ready to be collect. THANK to everyone.

9.6 years student + 4mths 3C3D
Application Submitted : 8/09/2014
Ack Received : 15/09/2014
Bio received: 14/10/2014
Bio Done: 15/10/2014
Approval received: 10/06/2015
Bio Card received : 10/06/2015

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:42 am

nymphaeaurora wrote:Gooooooood news! After a long wait I've received a call from my solicitor that all Doc and BRP are ready to be collect. THANK to everyone.

Congrats . U waited 9 months long time so far. But at the end good result.

R u on google sheet?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:00 am

Zee ali wrote:
nymphaeaurora wrote:Gooooooood news! After a long wait I've received a call from my solicitor that all Doc and BRP are ready to be collect. THANK to everyone.

Congrats . U waited 9 months long time so far. But at the end good result.

R u on google sheet?
YES! Please update my information. Thank you.

go2tariq
Newly Registered

Post by go2tariq » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 am

Very interesting question. Expert's opinion on this matter will help many other people like me. I am planning to apply ILR based on long residency soon in the month of August. My wife and two daughters born and live in Pakistan. I am also curious what type of visa my daughters will get.
immee wrote:Hiya everyone.

My Set (LR) was approved on a premium service today... It hardly took them under couple of hours for the whole process..

I have 3 dependents, My wife and two children and i just want to check whether my understanding is correct...

My Wife was on my Tier 2 dependent, She was issued with first dependent visa (entry clearance) on 2 July 2012 and she first entered the UK on 29 July 2012... My understanding is that i will have to send FLR(M) form for her now ? and she will have to spend 5 More years before she could apply for ILR ? and that her previous 3 Years of residence in the UK is sort of wasted now (in terms of time towards the ILR ?)

My elder Child was born in the UK, so i will be applying for her citizenship straight away..

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... He was born last year when we went abroad (Pakistan) on holidays for couple of months.. My wife could not travel back due she being told by the airline and the doctor that it is not safe for her to travel now.. So child was born in Pakistan, we then applied for his dependent visa later on they all came to the UK.. So my wife stayed abroad for nearly 11 months during that period... Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? ... I dont think i can apply for his citizenship straight away, i did asked this question to the Visa officer today but he wasnt sure about this, he said it was a tricky one.. I assume i may be able to apply for his ILR as he is under 16 and then i should` be able to apply for his citizenship straight away...

And the last thing.. as since my Visa status has changed now, how long do i have before i could apply for their variation of leave ? is there any timeline ? they still have previous leave to remain as dependent until January 2017...

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Congrats my Friend..

Please throw some light on how was your 3c/3d ?

were you on appeal ? did you withdrawn appeal and applied ?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:38 pm

go2tariq wrote:Very interesting question. Expert's opinion on this matter will help many other people like me. I am planning to apply ILR based on long residency soon in the month of August. My wife and two daughters born and live in Pakistan. I am also curious what type of visa my daughters will get.

Flr m form is for wife and dependent child who born abroad.

U also need to meet the financial requirement. and A1 engilsh language test for wife.

Only wife than =£18600

if 1 child included= £22400.

if 2 kids than =£24800
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Zee ali wrote:
go2tariq wrote:Very interesting question. Expert's opinion on this matter will help many other people like me. I am planning to apply ILR based on long residency soon in the month of August. My wife and two daughters born and live in Pakistan. I am also curious what type of visa my daughters will get.

Flr m form is for wife and dependent child who born abroad.

U also need to meet the financial requirement. and A1 engilsh language test for wife.

Only wife than =£18600

if 1 child included= £22400.

if 2 kids than =£24800
Thank you ZeeAli

FLR M for the child ? how long would he have to wait before i can apply for his ILR then ? followed on by his naturalization ? is there any other shorter alternative route ?

Also, i have still got other questions , such as timeline etc...

Na74

Post by Na74 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 pm

There is no timeline for switching dependent visa if main applicant visa has changed as long as they do not go abroad. They can apply at anytime before existing visa expires. Child born in UK before you got ILR will need to apply for registration as british citizen MN1 form.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Na74 wrote:There is no timeline for switching dependent visa if main applicant visa has changed as long as they do not go abroad. They can apply at anytime before existing visa expires. Child born in UK before you got ILR will need to apply for registration as british citizen MN1 form.
Thank you Na74... that is helpful.

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... The child was born in Pakistan while myself and my wife both had leave to remain and our elder child was born in the UK, after his birth we applied for the his dependent visa , which took a while to sort out and then they all (Wife & Both Children) came to the UK afterwards.. .. Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? . ZeeAli told me that it would be FLR(M) for him too ?? Not sure what would happen next in that case?.. i did asked this question to the Visa officer at PCO Birmingham but he wasnt sure about this and said it was a tricky one.. Not sure if rules related to him would be different as he is under 16 ? or what would happen to his status if i apply for my naturalization in a years time ? in all above scenerios... Would he has to spend 5 years before he can apply for ILR then ?

I am not sure if SET(F) could be alternative for him in this situation ?

Its a shame - what a long painful process... just because of the fact that the child was born born while we went for short visit, we have to go through this long processes and while Govt has started charging NHS fees.... ahhhh :(

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Brother just say Alhamdullilah and dont cry for NHS charges

here are people who dont have visa at all.. they would be ready to give even 25000 :shock:

simple..

Child born in UK can register for MN1

child not born in the UK will have to be your dependent..

immee wrote:
Na74 wrote:There is no timeline for switching dependent visa if main applicant visa has changed as long as they do not go abroad. They can apply at anytime before existing visa expires. Child born in UK before you got ILR will need to apply for registration as british citizen MN1 form.

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... The child was born in Pakistan while myself and my wife both had leave to remain and our elder child was born in the UK, after his birth we applied for the his dependent visa , which took a while to sort out and then they all (Wife & Both Children) came to the UK afterwards.. .. Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? . ZeeAli told me that it would be FLR(M) for him too ?? Not sure what would happen next in that case?.. i did asked this question to the Visa officer at PCO Birmingham but he wasnt sure about this and said it was a tricky one.. Not sure if rules related to him would be different as he is under 16 ? or what would happen to his status if i apply for my naturalization in a years time ? in all above scenerios... Would he has to spend 5 years before he can apply for ILR then ?

Its a shame - what a long painful process... just because of the fact that the child was born born while we went for short visit, we have to go through this long processes and while Govt has started charging NHS fees.... ahhhh :(

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:34 am

immee wrote:

Its better if u see flr m form by yourself . Your wife will be main applicant on flr m and child is dependent on the same form. One form for both of them.

Financial requirement for both of them (wife and Child born abroad) and english test A1 for your wife. Child born in UK can register as BC and u dont need to show his financial requirement in your wife flr m. As his case is totally separate from his brother and mother.

Your wife and child born in Pakistan can get ILR after spend 5 years on flr m. No Alternative route . If they came to UK let suppose in 2008 than they can apply for ILR in 2018 on the basis of 10 years long residency. Should not spend more than 180 days in a year and 540 days in total 10 years.

ziqbal11
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal11 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:41 am

HI,
i am new to this form i appreciate if some one guide me regarding my visa.

i have applied ILR on the basis of Long Residence in Dec 14. now i received letter for interview.
if any one experience same situation please guide me about this matter.
what type of questions they asked?
why they call for interview is that normal ?
My case history is 8 years students,then i applied Entrepreneur visa and refused , Appealed on time,Withdraw appeal and apply for ILR.
through Solicitor.
should i take my legal representative with me?

Thanks

munna007

Post by munna007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Imme

Hi Imme
Would you please share your case details (what documents submitted in support of your SET (LR) application) and experience for SET(LR) premium services as me and my wife applying in Aug 2015 both completing 10 years long residence
my case is 3 years student+1 year IGS+1 year PSW+2 years Tier 1 General+3 years Tier 1 General
my wife has been my dependant for 10 years

effell007

Post by effell007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:17 pm

After 8.5 months waiting I received a letter from HO requesting whether I still want to vary my application from previous category to ILR 10 yrs long residency. I varied my Application in Sep-14, received acknowledgement following week and done Bio in Nov-14. Hence, after all these they are asking whether I still intended to vary. Crazzzy...

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:04 pm

ziqbal11 wrote:HI,

i have applied ILR on the basis of Long Residence in Dec 14. now i received letter for interview.
My case history is 8 years students,then i applied Entrepreneur visa and refused , Appealed on time,Withdraw appeal and apply for ILR.
through Solicitor.

Thanks
HI

If u see the previous posts in this thread u will see that they called some board members for interview. They asked question about english language test and LIUK.

DId u submit toeic or any other language test which is under investigation?

kevo44
Newly Registered

Post by kevo44 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi
Been following treads on this....
I have been here in the UK since 2006 on student visa. Next year 02-08-2016. I would be due for ILR on 10 Year Long Residence Visa.
But recently my college license got revoked and the Home issued me with a 60 day letter that would expire on 04-07-2015.
Now i need to apply for something else. I am looking for ways to work around this so as to fully qualify and reach the 10 year mark for Long residence. N.B: I have very bad college progression so finding it a bit difficult securing another CAS. I have always renewed my visa on time and never had issues with the law. I keep hearing about these, FLR(O), FLR(FP) and FLR(M). I can't really go for the latter two because I am not married and have no children. Are there any other ways around this. As it stands it seems like FLR(0) is my only option and pray that my application just gets stuck on a long queue for the next 12 months considering the fact that so many folks are applying for the same. Then i can then vary the application to SET(LR) and meet the target.... :D :mrgreen: What do you guys think? I am not moved at all because i know where there is a will there is a way!!

Student Visa sticker on Old Passport
10-08-2006 to 31-10-2010
(Entered 02-09-2006)
Made in time application. Was rejected due to some silly reasons from home office. Had a hearing, decision overturned. Home office accepts. Visa arrives in 10 days.

Tier 4 Student Visa
30-03-2011 to 24-09-2012
Made in time application.... No hicups. Smooth run

Tier 4 student Visa
03-01-2013 to 15-05-2014
Made in time application. (NB College got revoked but never got 60 days letter so just applied before visa ran out).... No Hicups. Smooth run again

Tier 4 Student Visa
03-07-2014 to 19-04-2016
College revoked. Got 60 Days letter. Letter vaild till 04-07-2015.

I need your advise guys
Cheers
Blessings!!

ziqbal11
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal11 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 pm

through Solicitor.

Thanks
Hi, Any one here to guide please?

ziqbal11
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal11 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Zee ali wrote:

through Solicitor.

Thanks
Hi

If u see the previous posts in this thread u will see that they called some board members for interview. They asked question about english language test and LIUK.

DId u submit toeic or any other language test which is under investigation?
Hi, thanks for ur reply i did not apply any visa with toeic english test.

jaxx30
Newly Registered

Post by jaxx30 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi everyone. I do hope im on the right forum and page. I would like to ask the expects aboutr my situation. Here it goes. It will be 10 years for me on september 10 but my current visa expires on the 6th of september. The entry clearance in my passport is 16 august 2005 but i think i came on the 10th of sep 2005. The thing is i came from the republic of ireland and in the passport it doesnt show a stamp to show which date i came over here as ireland is EU. So is it okay for me to apply for long residence the 10yr one. And if so when do i qualify for the 10yr. 16 august or 10sep. Im really confused. And can i also apply even though the 10 years is short buy 4 days. Thank you all in advance.

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi every one. Just let you know guys. I have been Granted ILR today. I applied through on same day visa. It's worth it using premium service. Good luck to every one

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi every one please help me. I got lLR today . I have already mention it on thread . My point is how much mn1 fee and what l need to provide for this form . Thank you

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Congrates Brother..

please share you experience and what was status and how it went in PEO.. also what docs submitted and how it all went throguh as it will help others too

Kartal23 wrote:Hi every one. Just let you know guys. I have been Granted ILR today. I applied through on same day visa. It's worth it using premium service. Good luck to every one

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:26 pm

My status was ecaa Turkish worker visa . Iv been working full time since 2007. I submitted payslips , hm revenue tax record , llife in the UK pass letter , degree , all my passport , bank statement, letter from the work , p60 , it went very well . It took 2 hours to get result . I wasnt asked any question as my case was straightforward. Good luck to every one