ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension & IHS Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Foxoz
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Extension & IHS Surcharge

Post by Foxoz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi members,
my hubby applied for FLR (m) on 13th April. The HO returned one form from application that he forgot to sign and he enrolled Biometrics. As of Wednesday we have been waiting 8 weeks since first applied and heard nothing since.
I called HO and lady who was very nice explained that the return of a form can hold up application, but also mentioned this NHS Surcharge. Here's where panic kicked in...we missed that and haven't paid. She said that the caseworker would send a reminder before making decision on Visa. Does anyone know what I should do...if we missed a vital payment when will the caseworker send letter or will she?? Anyone else in same situation.
I would hate to get rejection just for something that can be easily sorted (not that I agree with this extra charge) he pays enough tax and national insurance as it is.

thanx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension & IHS Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:48 pm

I would suggest that he pays the IHS Surcharge and provides HO with the IHS reference number as soon as possible.

IHS Surcharge (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Foxoz
Newly Registered

Post by Foxoz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:07 pm

thank you CR001..I think you're right. I am going to pay tomorrow and then at least it's done. I will then call Monday and hopefully I get to speak to somebody but I reckon it's another 2/3 day wait on call back.
So stressed :oops:

Foxoz
Newly Registered

Post by Foxoz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Spoke to the HO today and apparently my hubby's application is still under review. Is that bad after nine weeks?
Anyway the lady said to send the IHS reference number straight to my caseworker and gave me the address as to where it needs to go. Sent it this afternoon by recorded delivery.
fingers crossed for us.