ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have received a letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

I have received a letter

Post by london_2014 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:50 pm

Dear all,

I have received a brown envelope from the council inviting me for a citizenship ceremony after almost 8 months....(i have not received the HO invitation letter yet)..thanks to the almighty...one journey in life has come an end...a new one will begin...

i would like to thank all the moderators and members for their support throughout this period...

just hopefully last couple of questions: 1. what to do with the HO invitation letter? is my application successful for sure or not?

2. can I post my passport application on the same day as the ceremony? what details from the ceremony shall I need to put in the passport application?

again many many thanks to all of you...you guys are wonderful......

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I have received a letter

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Have you received a letter of approval of your citizenship application from HO? The invitation letter is sent by the council and if you have been invited to attend a ceremony, your application is likely approved.

Yes you can apply for your passport on the same day. Make sure your referees sign the form with the date of your ceremony or as near to that as possible as you are only British after your ceremony.

The only detail you need in your passport application is the certificate place of issue which should be HOME OFFICE LONDON.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi I have not received anything from HO just received ceremony invitation letter from council....what should I do now? wait for HO or tell council my situation?

so basically at this point council could mess up am I correct?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 pm

This thread may help you with posts from others in the same situation. You will need you invitation letter from the Home Office in order to attend your ceremony. Contact the Council where the ceremony will be held to explain the situation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 32008.html

You can indeed send your passport application immediately after the ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Casa wrote:This thread may help you with posts from others in the same situation. You will need you invitation letter from the Home Office in order to attend your ceremony. Contact the Council where the ceremony will be held to explain the situation.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 32008.html

You can indeed send your passport application immediately after the ceremony.
thanks....am I safe to assume that my application with HO is successful? the ceremony invitation letter that i received from council does not ask me to call and book a ceremony..rather it says come on 23rd June and we will do a ceremony..

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:52 pm

It maybe a mistake/wrror because there is no self/auto service without the applicant knowledge. Call and ask them as many of their errors/mistakes are already on geniuses world record

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Universal soldier wrote:It maybe a mistake/wrror because there is no self/auto service without the applicant knowledge. Call and ask them as many of their errors/mistakes are already on geniuses world record
if this is an error from the part of council (likely event) then I will be gutted...on the other hand if HO letter is lost then that will be another saga...whatever you request them (liking picking up pencils, going to grocery, getting them to send a duplicate letter if the application has been approved) starts with 'nothing can be done before 6 months'...... HO is a genuine black hole...why does not Hawking try going there to affirm whatever theory he has about time and blackhole......

will call council on Monday...lets see whether they can have another record on guinness world record book....classic talk to up...

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:02 pm

Yes it is possible that approval letter might have been lost by Royal mail (ukba's twin brother). Yes on Monday call them and resolve this mystery.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:37 pm

its not a mistake your application is approved .i recieved the ceremony letter before ho letter with pre booked date for ceremony.got ceremony letter on 29 may with booked date for 3 june and got ho letter on 30 may so hopefully u will get ho letter very soon as u have more then enough time to get the letter .one thing i note ho is sending letters in bundles i guess as on ceremony day i met many my friends who applied in january and dec and recived the approval same day like me with same ceremony date .hope this help
ss

Nash82
United Kingdom

Post by Nash82 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi all,

I have received my approval on 10 sept , dated 8th Sept. I have not received my invitation letter yet. It will be 14 days tomorrow. Already called council and they have said that I cannot book the ceremony until unless I have my invitation letter. Any suggestions please ?