ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third party financial support

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mike#23
Newly Registered

Third party financial support

Post by mike#23 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:56 am

Hi,
Me and my girlfriend decided that the best option for us will be to get an English course and therefore a short-term study visa for her so she can join me here in the UK.

One of the visa requirements is an evidence that the person coming to the UK will have enough funds to support her during the stay. I checked the supporting documents guide and it says that financial support could also be provided by a third party, so I was wondering if we will be simply better off if I provide such assurance.

The guide is not too extensive, so I was wondering if maybe someone here would be able to help me.

Does it make a difference if a third party / applicant herself provides evidence of having enough funds? Will my bank statement, payslips and possibly a written confirmation that I will support my girlfriend during her stay be enough? The guide does not really say what documents a third party should supply, maybe some here has gone through such process and can share the experience?

Thank you very much for your help and good luck with your visa applications!

Mike