ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can partners split in tier 1 entrepreneur visa through vc

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jiah
Newly Registered

can partners split in tier 1 entrepreneur visa through vc

Post by jiah » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:02 am

Hi all
need an urgent help. I successfully switched to tier 1 entrepreneur visa from student visa through venture capital route. Its been a month we got the visa and haven't registered due to disagreement on cost and running pattern with business partner. I am thinking to split at this time then later and invest in a running business.

Can we split in this route as its a partner application through VC and funds have been approved to both of us?

After splitting do i need to show all 50000 through venture capitalist or 25k through VC and 25k my own for extension, for myself alone now.
thanks

raja1985
Newly Registered

Re: can partners split in tier 1 entrepreneur visa through v

Post by raja1985 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:35 am

hi
i am also facing same issue.please contact me we can discuss further...i hv consulted few solicitors.... my email is Email Address

Moderator Edit
Last edited by CR001 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of personal contact information

julesxander
Newly Registered

Re: can partners split in tier 1 entrepreneur visa through v

Post by julesxander » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:48 pm

T1 E policy guidance below;

Section A: investment of funds- (Page 27)

"97.We recognise that, as an entrepreneur, you may have moved on to other activities and no
longer be involved in the business in which you initially invested, but we still require this
evidence to show that the money was invested."

SEE link - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

However, Im really unsure about you splitting with your partner. A post by someone on the link below indicates that this may be an issue.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 87220.html

I would advise that you contact HO directly to confirm if this is allowed. ( I usually contact them whenever I need help with the interpretation of the guidance)