ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chocolateorange88
BANNED

BC form

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Obviously it's Sunday so PO is closed . Anyone know where I can view the form for the actual UK passport form online?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: BC form

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:Obviously it's Sunday so PO is closed . Anyone know where I can view the form for the actual UK passport form online?
https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't want to apply I just want to look ... I won't be using the online service anyway but wasn't sure if the paper form was on pdf somewhere

thanks tho

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:28 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:Obviously it's Sunday so PO is closed . Anyone know where I can view the form for the actual UK passport form online?
Take a look at this example:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rm_009.pdf

Note it is version 'OS/ 01 /01' and the latest is 'SE / 04 / 01'

They are similar: same sort of layout, same number of sections & questions;
(I'm comparing the online version to a photocopy of my family's application forms, recently sent to HO).

Maybe the link will give you an idea until you can get the latest version from a PO.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:29 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:I don't want to apply I just want to look ... I won't be using the online service anyway but wasn't sure if the paper form was on pdf somewhere

thanks tho

No, it used to be I think many moons ago, but was probably abused with fraudulent apps etc somehow, so they control it more now.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:03 pm

ah right I see now

and when it asks about Grandparents? is that the mms dude, the dads side or both??

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:38 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:ah right I see now

and when it asks about Grandparents? is that the mms dude, the dads side or both??
Both. That's what we did anyway. Think that's more to quiz you on the interview to check against identity theft....

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:51 pm

but the problem is my hubby's grandparents on both sidesdied before he was born as his dad had remarried after first wife died. so how can I explain that?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:but the problem is my hubby's grandparents on both sidesdied before he was born as his dad had remarried after first wife died. so how can I explain that?
Do what we had to do - ask family and just put 'Unknown' where you don't have the info. Only info we couldn't reliably get is both sets of Grandparents marriage dates.

Hang on, am I thinking of the British passport form? I think I might be - ignore me! Sorry!!

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 pm

I guess I should cross that bridge when it comes to it.
only just applied for naturalisation haha

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:15 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:I guess I should cross that bridge when it comes to it.
only just applied for naturalisation haha
Sure, best of luck for that. :)

I put information on my passport form (postal) as below:

PATERNAL GRANDFATHER DATE OF BIRTH: UNKNOWN
PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER DATE OF BIRTH: UNKNOWN

etc.

And I put UNKNOWN in my wife's online Passport application. Both were processed without hassle.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:09 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:ah right I see now

This is a generic form for use by all applicants for passports (when applying in UK).
For 1st time passport applicants who have been naturalised the grandparents details are irrelevant;
you don't need to prove your right to citizenship by descent as you will have a newly-issued naturalisation certificate that represents your citizenship 'other than by descent'.

As other posters mention, just humour HM PO & fill in what you know.

In our case we had to use a separate sheet - it itemised the maternal grandparents (2 persons) and paternal grandparents (2 persons);
apart from the names most of it was "not known".

None of this information was even used in the passport interview my wife had.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:14 pm

ok well I got names but that's it... as my father in law was remarried and had the rest of his kids later on , the grandparent on both sides have passed

it just threw me a bit when it says if u were born outside the UK or are applying for passport for being British by descent fill in ur grandparents details.

I guess we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves since we only applied for naturalisation last week

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:24 pm

yesilgozlerim wrote:ok well I got names but that's it... as my father in law was remarried and had the rest of his kids later on , the grandparent on both sides have passed

it just threw me a bit when it says if u were born outside the UK or are applying for passport for being British by descent fill in ur grandparents details.

I guess we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves since we only applied for naturalisation last week
Just list the names clearly then.
All the grandparents' dates can be "not known" as you clearly don't know them.
Make sure you do know the names (& can spell them) in case they ask you at interview.

Yes the instructions do say that - I don't know why, but your certificate (& not your grandparents details) will definitely prove your claim to a passport.

One other thing to note, especially if any female family member is applying for a British passport:
make sure the name on any current foreign passport matches the name used day by day and is the same as the name the person will be naturalised with :!:
The passport guidance notes are not clear on this point but it's very important.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:38 pm

thanks

I'm not applying as I'm British by birth but my husband will apply hopefully upon approval of naturalisation