ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s.israr
Newly Registered

wife visa Query

Post by s.israr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:16 pm

hi

i am on Tier General visa and will go for ILR application in feb 2016 my wife will complete her 2.5 yrs in uk during those dates.

-Please assist how much maintenance do i have to show for my wife in terms of her visa extension..??
-as far as iam aware tier1 general visa cannot be extended any more.... my wife is tier 1 general dependant which form should i submit.. for her when i make my ilr application??
-do i have to move her to any other visa category for extension eg : flr(m)
-if answer to above is yes then the time she already spent in UK will that be wasted?? and will she have to spend other 5 years for moving to ILR?
-is she suppose to take any Test either English language or any other for extending her existing visa ?

thanks

Chase53

Re: wife visa Query

Post by Chase53 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm

s.israr wrote:hi

i am on Tier General visa and will go for ILR application in feb 2016 my wife will complete her 2.5 yrs in uk during those dates.

-Please assist how much maintenance do i have to show for my wife in terms of her visa extension..??
Yes, she must have £630 to support herself.

-as far as iam aware tier1 general visa cannot be extended any more.... my wife is tier 1 general dependant which form should i submit.. for her when i make my ilr application??
PBS dependent (same as her current visa)

-if answer to above is yes then the time she already spent in UK will that be wasted?? and will she have to spend other 5 years for moving to ILR?
No need, she can continue as PBS dependent. And if in case she switches to FLR(M) then her clock will reset to 0 and has to wait for 5 years to get ILR

-is she suppose to take any Test either English language or any other for extending her existing visa ?
no need for extension

thanks

s.israr
Newly Registered

Post by s.israr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:41 pm

thanks for your reply
it is very help full
thanks again

vibhorjain84
Newly Registered

Post by vibhorjain84 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi,

Please could you list the documents needed for this?
I am sending my wife's application via post

Do I need to prove that we are living together by providing marriage certificate etc?
How about council bills or utility bills

As far as I am aware I have just collected the following documents?
1. Bank Statements (I could not get a bank letter confirming my wife has more than 630 pounds for 90 days consecutively)
2. Application Form Print Out
3. Two Photos
4. Payslips

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 pm

s.israr wrote:hi

thanks
She will also have to pay the IHS Surcharge (Click) upfront @ £200 per year and payable for the duration of her visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vibhorjain84
Newly Registered

Post by vibhorjain84 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:25 pm

vibhorjain84 wrote:Hi,

Please could you list the documents needed for this?
I am sending my wife's application via post

Do I need to prove that we are living together by providing marriage certificate etc?
How about council bills or utility bills

As far as I am aware I have just collected the following documents?
1. Bank Statements (I could not get a bank letter confirming my wife has more than 630 pounds for 90 days consecutively)
2. Application Form Print Out
3. Two Photos
4. Payslips
Could someone respond to my query here please?