ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) applying as unmarried partner (both EU citizens)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theprole
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) applying as unmarried partner (both EU citizens)

Post by theprole » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks for this amazing forum, I've managed to find answers to most of my queries thanks to your efforts.
There is one issue for which I haven't been able to find an answer for.

I am a spanish citizen and I'm applying for permanent residence EEA (PR).
I have been supported by my unmarried partner (swedish citizen) for a year and I have work for the other four.

The issue I have is that the EEA (PR) form says that if you're applying as an extended family member (which as far I understand, a durable relationship is) one must have:
- held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card or EEA family permit).

All of these documents are for non-EEA family members of EU citizens! So naturally, as a spanish citizen I don't have one nor could I have obtained one.

Does this mean that an EU citizen can't apply for PR as the unmarried partner of another EU citizen?
Or would my citizenship be deemed as valid residence documentation?

I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Re: EEA (PR) applying as unmarried partner (both EU citizens

Post by wegiwegi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 am

You do not need one, you are EU citizen, I've been in this country for nearly 20 years now, I'm EU as well, and never needed a piece of paper.
You could get a registration certificate if you wish, as EU citizens both of you, there is no real need to get PR at all, but it is your choice.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:30 am

I never listen about that EU unmarried partner of EU national. Bit difficult to say as how it works because in case of non EU national when he receive RC then he calls as unmarried partner and can support EU partner. I don't know how your Swedish partner will be recognised your unmarried partner.

theprole
Newly Registered

Post by theprole » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am

@wegiwegi

While I am aware that it's not necessary to get a PR certificate, I want one as a stepping stone towards citizenship.

Has anybody applied for PR as the unmarried partner of an EU citizen while being themselves an EU citizen?