ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant EEA citizen in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anguelova_diana
Newly Registered

Pregnant EEA citizen in UK

Post by anguelova_diana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello,

I am Bulgarian citizen, living I UK, pregnant with twins after IVF fertilization. I live in UK since March 2014, my partner is also Bulgarian citizen, he lives and works in UK since September 2013.

Does it matter for the twins future documents and citizenship if I give birth in UK or in Bulgaria?

My partner will eventually apply for British citizenship in September 2018. I believe we will be able to claim citizenship for the twins after this, but does it matter if they are born in UK or not?

We do not plan to ask for any maternity allowances and benefits in UK. My family will be a big help for me at the beginning, this is the reason I consider the option of giving birth in Bulgaria.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Diana

LilyLalilu

Re: Pregnant EEA citizen in UK

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:00 pm

I believe that it will be easier to get them British citizenship if they are UK-born.

If they are born in the UK, you can register them as British citizens as soon as their father (or yourself) acquires PR.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

anguelova_diana
Newly Registered

Post by anguelova_diana » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply LilyLalilu.

Does it mean that one day we may have difficulties to register them as British citizens in case they are not born in UK?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:20 pm

you won't be able to register kids as British citizens u tile other you or your partner has permanent residence or brutish citizenship

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:22 pm

anguelova_diana wrote:Thank you very much for the quick reply LilyLalilu.

Does it mean that one day we may have difficulties to register them as British citizens in case they are not born in UK?
If born outside UK any future registration of a child as British citizen would be at HO discretion.

Much more straightforward if child is born in UK and can apply as soon as parents are settled/naturalised in UK.

Good luck & good health.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 am

This guide explains it - see Children of EEA Nationals section:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2015.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.