ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit Eligibility - Should i claim??

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Child Benefit Eligibility - Should i claim??

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 am

Hi
I attended citizenship ceremony on 2nd June 2015. My son was born on 29th May 2015. The mother (my wife) is on Spouse Visa currently.

Assuming my son is BC,

1) Is he entitled to Child (or any other benefit)?
2) If he is, can claiming those benefits impact on mother's future ILR and BC application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Benefit Eligibility - Should i claim??

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:00 pm

Assuming my son is BC, He is as he was born after you obtained ILR. It makes no difference if a child is not BC in terms of Child Benefits.

1) Is he entitled to Child (or any other benefit)? Children don't claim benefits. It is the qualifying parent who claims and as you have ILR and now citizenship, you can claim.
2) If he is, can claiming those benefits impact on mother's future ILR and BC application. Claiming child benefit in your name will have no effect on your spouse's ILR application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Assuming my son is BC, He is as he was born after you obtained ILR. It makes no difference if a child is not BC in terms of Child Benefits.

1) Is he entitled to Child (or any other benefit)? Children don't claim benefits. It is the qualifying parent who claims and as you have ILR and now citizenship, you can claim.
2) If he is, can claiming those benefits impact on mother's future ILR and BC application. Claiming child benefit in your name will have no effect on your spouse's ILR application.
Thanks, I have just printed the CH2 form. It asks for your partner's detail on the form. Are you sure that this is NOT for immigration purposes?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:09 pm

It is a standard question. Child benefit in YOUR name will not affect your spouse status or future applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:27 pm

CR001 is correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:57 pm

This might be too specific a question for CB but, do you know, if I apply for the CB (i.e the applicant) can I give my wife's bank account details so that she gets the CB payments? Or does it have to be the account of the person applying?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 am

bump