ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Error & Correction - Your experiences please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imab

BRP Error & Correction - Your experiences please

Post by imab » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:21 am

Dear Members,

Can you please share your experiences with BRP corrections i.e. how much time it takes and if we can delay it with consent from Home office? My ICT was renewed last week and BRP needs to be rectified.

However, I need to apply for Schengen visa and travel so that the BRP may prefrrably be sent to them only around mid of July. My solicitor has requested clarification from Business Helpdesk but is concerned that corrections need to be actioned within 10 working days making all travel infeasible.

Thanks.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: BRP Error & Correction - Your experiences please

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:38 pm

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... t-mistakes

You must report any errors in BRP within 10 working days. Why would you want to risk your stay in UK for one trip? However, I feel if the corrections are minor ones (Name, DoB, gender and so on), they may just charge you for a replacement if you do it after 10 days. But, its just my thought. UKVI may think differently!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:19 pm

If the error is the type of visa, i.e. Tier 2 General instead of Tier 2 ICT, I would strongly suggest you get it corrected before you travel out of the UK as otherwise you will in effect be trying to re-enter the UK on a visa you do not hold or qualify for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imab

Post by imab » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks a million moonlight55, CR001 for your responses. The error is in the length of stay.
Good to know that priority should be correction. I will also update the response from business help desk, once received.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 am

What is the length of the visa extension you received and what do you think it should be?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imab

Post by imab » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:59 am

I have received a 1 year extension on my T2 ICT visa while we expected a 3 year extension from Home Office.
My entry clearance application was originally submitted on 5 Apr 2011 and a T2 ICT established staff visa was granted form 02 Jul 2011. The solicitor believes that case worked has considered the visa start date of 02 Jul 2011 (instead of application date of 05 Apr 2011) and incorrectly applied a 5 year cap.

imab

Post by imab » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:12 pm

To share my experience, the solicitor filed a review (within 14 days of receiving BRP) and Home Office took almost 3 weeks to respond. They will rectify the duration of visa and requested BRP back in order to issue the new ones.