ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court fine 7 years ago, tube fare evasion - mention or not?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeusmagnanimous

Court fine 7 years ago, tube fare evasion - mention or not?

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:15 pm

A friend asked me this and I don't know much about these so please help me out if you can.

In May 2008 my friend was travelling on London Underground on someone else's student card and got caught by staff. He was referred to magistrate court and he pleaded guilty by post. The court served him "Notice of Fine and collection" for £180 which was all paid in time and the matter was closed.

He is due for his naturalization now. Does he have to metion it in the application?
I searched on the forum and it seems does not have to because it has been more than 3 years and so it must be considered spennt. Please advise.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Court fine 7 years ago, tube fare evasion - mention or n

Post by fwd079 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:21 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:A friend asked me this and I don't know much about these so please help me out if you can.

In May 2008 my friend was travelling on London Underground on someone else's student card and got caught by staff. He was referred to magistrate court and he pleaded guilty by post. The court served him "Notice of Fine and collection" for £180 which was all paid in time and the matter was closed.

He is due for his naturalization now. Does he have to metion it in the application?
I searched on the forum and it seems does not have to because it has been more than 3 years and so it must be considered spennt. Please advise.
Yes.

Q11 in this link tells more.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Court fine 7 years ago, tube fare evasion - mention or n

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks a lot mate.