ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah27

Interview

Post by hannah27 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Hello

Can anyone give me any advice on what type of questions are asked in the interview when u apply for a marriage visa. My albanian husband has his interview at end of November and i just want to be prepared.

Many thanks

Hannah

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Based on my husband’s experience of his interview for a spouse visa which took place in January this year they asked him about how we met, how long before we decided to get married, where do I work, what kind of car do I drive, do I have siblings and if so, what are their names – can’t remember what else but probably just anything to test whether the relationship is genuine. On the other hand, they may not ask anything too detailed as in my brother-in-law’s interview in December 2006 for a fiancé visa where they only asked him what English football team does he support!

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:16 am

A friend of mine British came back from his country with his wife and stepson a few weeks ago and at the interview, his wife was asked about the reason for her to get married with a British, How did they meet?, How the realtionship progressed?, What would she do in the UK if visa were granted? but also he was interviewed and some the questions that he was asked were the following: Why did he have 2 works 1 full time and 1 part time? are you going to live at the address given on the application? Why did you marry so soon? Why do you want your wife to be in the UK? do you know what a 2 year spousal visa means? Do you know the steps to take if the relationship does not work? and a few more question which were concentrated on his previous wife and daughter and the process of the divorce.

I hope the above helps