ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by immee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:56 pm

smir wrote:Brother just say Alhamdullilah and dont cry for NHS charges

here are people who dont have visa at all.. they would be ready to give even 25000 :shock:

simple..

Child born in UK can register for MN1

child not born in the UK will have to be your dependent..

immee wrote:
Na74 wrote:There is no timeline for switching dependent visa if main applicant visa has changed as long as they do not go abroad. They can apply at anytime before existing visa expires. Child born in UK before you got ILR will need to apply for registration as british citizen MN1 form.
Thank you Na74... that is helpful.

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... The child was born in Pakistan while myself and my wife both had leave to remain and our elder child was born in the UK, after his birth we applied for the his dependent visa , which took a while to sort out and then they all (Wife & Both Children) came to the UK afterwards.. .. Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? . ZeeAli told me that it would be FLR(M) for him too ?? Not sure what would happen next in that case?.. i did asked this question to the Visa officer at PCO Birmingham but he wasnt sure about this and said it was a tricky one.. Not sure if rules related to him would be different as he is under 16 ? or what would happen to his status if i apply for my naturalization in a years time ? in all above scenerios... Would he has to spend 5 years before he can apply for ILR then ?

I am not sure if SET(F) could be alternative for him in this situation ?

Its a shame - what a long painful process... just because of the fact that the child was born born while we went for short visit, we have to go through this long processes and while Govt has started charging NHS fees.... ahhhh :(
Thank you Na74,

Brother, i am not moaning about increasing the dependent's time scale from 2 - 5 years.. I feel it unfair that for illogical reasons they are resetting the clock towards the ILR for them... Also, there is flexibility in terms of discretion for kids born like in my case ..

Anyhow, it is what it is.. i will go ahead with the FLR(M) app for both of them... but i would also try to find out if someone has tried to challenge the clock resetting rules...

Thanks for your advice - Jazzak Allah

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Approved / Dependents Query

Post by immee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 pm

munna007 wrote:
immee wrote:Hiya everyone.

My Set (LR) was approved on a premium service today... It hardly took them under couple of hours for the whole process..

I have couple of question though:

I have 3 dependents, My wife and two children and i just want to check whether my understanding is correct...

My Wife was on my Tier 2 dependent, She was issued with first dependent visa (entry clearance) on 2 July 2012 and she first entered the UK on 29 July 2012... My understanding is that i will have to send FLR(M) form for her now ? and she will have to spend 5 More years before she could apply for ILR ? and that her previous 3 Years of residence in the UK is sort of wasted now (in terms of time towards the ILR ?)

My elder Child was born in the UK, so i will be applying for her citizenship straight away..

Hi Imme
What i am not sure about is my younger Child... He was born last year when we went abroad (Pakistan) on holidays for couple of months.. My wife could not travel back due she being told by the airline and the doctor that it is not safe for her to travel now.. So child was born in Pakistan, we then applied for his dependent visa later on they all came to the UK.. So my wife stayed abroad for nearly 11 months during that period... Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? ... I dont think i can apply for his citizenship straight away, i did asked this question to the Visa officer today but he wasnt sure about this, he said it was a tricky one.. I assume i may be able to apply for his ILR as he is under 16 and then i should` be able to apply for his citizenship straight away...

And the last thing.. as since my Visa status has changed now, how long do i have before i could apply for their variation of leave ? is there any timeline ? they still have previous leave to remain as dependent until January 2017...

Experts answer will be highly appreciated.

Hi Imme
Would you please share your case details (what documents submitted in support of your SET (LR) application) and experience for SET(LR) premium services as me and my wife applying in Aug 2015 both completing 10 years long residence
my case is 3 years student+1 year IGS+1 year PSW+2 years Tier 1 General+3 years Tier 1 General
my wife has been my dependant for 10 years
Hi,

I was student for 5 years, then switched to PSW, followed on by Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Stayed on this for few months though) and then Tier 2 General....

Although there are no as such requirements but i supplied following documents.
6 Months Payslips.
Saving Account Statements
Current Account Statements
Council Tax letter.
Previous education degrees/qualifications.
Penalty letters (HMRC late filing one) and payment details
Rental Agreement
Photocopies of entry stamps from passports
Photocopies of all these documents
Covering letter explaining why i believe they should give me ILR.

In regards to your dependents, i am not sure how would you apply her application along with your one's as SET(LR) doesn't allow dependents to apply along... I believe you can apply ILR for her one's u have got your's one sorte ? (Check with expert members)

As i had explained every possible thing surrounding my circumstance in the covering letter, they didn't ask me any question at all.. it hardly took them an hour and half from the point i entered the building to their decision about the case .. This experience was unlike my previous premium service experience in January 2014, when PEO held my application without giving me any timeline.. Although i did received my T2 General approved in about a week's time...

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Zee ali wrote:
immee wrote:
Na74 wrote:There is no timeline for switching dependent visa if main applicant visa has changed as long as they do not go abroad. They can apply at anytime before existing visa expires. Child born in UK before you got ILR will need to apply for registration as british citizen MN1 form.
Thank you Na74... that is helpful.

What i am not sure about is my younger Child... The child was born in Pakistan while myself and my wife both had leave to remain and our elder child was born in the UK, after his birth we applied for the his dependent visa , which took a while to sort out and then they all (Wife & Both Children) came to the UK afterwards.. .. Now i am not sure what type of application would be required for my Son ? . ZeeAli told me that it would be FLR(M) for him too ?? Not sure what would happen next in that case?.. i did asked this question to the Visa officer at PCO Birmingham but he wasnt sure about this and said it was a tricky one.. Not sure if rules related to him would be different as he is under 16 ? or what would happen to his status if i apply for my naturalization in a years time ? in all above scenerios... Would he has to spend 5 years before he can apply for ILR then ?

I am not sure if SET(F) could be alternative for him in this situation ?

Its a shame - what a long painful process... just because of the fact that the child was born born while we went for short visit, we have to go through this long processes and while Govt has started charging NHS fees.... ahhhh :(

Its better if u see flr m form by yourself . Your wife will be main applicant on flr m and child is dependent on the same form. One form for both of them.

Financial requirement for both of them (wife and Child born abroad) and english test A1 for your wife. Child born in UK can register as BC and u dont need to show his financial requirement in your wife flr m. As his case is totally separate from his brother and mother.

Your wife and child born in Pakistan can get ILR after spend 5 years on flr m. No Alternative route . If they came to UK let suppose in 2008 than they can apply for ILR in 2018 on the basis of 10 years long residency. Should not spend more than 180 days in a year and 540 days in total 10 years.
Thank you Zeeali.

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply in August on 10 years based LR. I came to UK on 09/09/2005 on student visa. My history is as below.

1- Student 09/09/2005 to 31/10/2007

Applied for Extension before expiry and got student extension
2- Student 05/02/2008 31/12/2008

Applied for PSW and got visa after 3+ months wait
3- Tier 1 (PSW) 25/03/2009 25/03/2011

Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years and treasury gave cost of the case which I never got. My solicitor transferred me only 1600 and kept remaining 5100+ as reward.

4- HO gave me 3 years Tier1 (General) valid from 25/08/2013 to 25/08/2016.

My 10 years will complete on 09/08/2015.

I went outside UK only once for 28 days.

I can apply 28 days before 10 years ( on or after 13/08/2015)

I have already passed LIUK and B1 English tests.

As far as I know all my appeals were filed in time and didn't break continuity.

Can any one of you let me know how to find out if continuity was broken or not?

Does SAR show all the appeal dates?

What documents should I take for same day service other than these?
1- All Passports
2- Biomatric card
3- Last year P60
4- Current address council Tax
5- Payslip ( last 3 months)
6- All appeals letters and Final consent letter

Can I go for 5 years working visa route?

I was given Tier 1 (PSW)on 25/03/2009 until 25/03/2011 and then went for appeal for Tier refusal ( 2 and half years) and got 3 years Tier General. Can I apply for 5 years working visa based settlement if my status during appeal is considered continuation of previous status ( PSW 2 years+ 2.6 decision and appeal) and current Tier1 General since 25/08/2013 make more than 5 years working visa?

Thanks you all in advance.

munna007

Post by munna007 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:15 am

LR2015 wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply in August on 10 years based LR. I came to UK on 09/09/2005 on student visa. My history is as below.

Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years and treasury gave cost of the case which I never got. My solicitor transferred me only 1600 and kept remaining 5100+ as reward.

I can apply 28 days before 10 years ( on or after 13/08/2015)

Can any one of you let me know how to find out if continuity was broken or not?

1- All Passports
2- Biomatric card
3- Last year P60

Can I go for 5 years working visa route?

I was given Tier 1 (PSW)on 25/03/2009 until 25/03/2011 and then went for appeal for Tier refusal ( 2 and half years) and got 3 years Tier General. Can I apply for 5 years working visa based settlement if my status during appeal is considered continuation of previous status ( PSW 2 years+ 2.6 decision and appeal) and current Tier1 General since 25/08/2013 make more than 5 years working visa?

Thanks you all in advance.
Hi LR2015

As per my understanding there is no break in your continuous long residence as you Appealis filed within the deadline of challenging the case and your Tier 1 General application outcome was successful.
You should go ahead for Set (LR) Premium service application as your case is quite straight forward. Premium service will be quick and will not delay your application (quite likely)....

If you don't have any dependents then it is the best and quickest option available to you otherwise with dependents after your ILR on long residence you need to fulfill the Earning threshold requirement, anyhow your ILR is most important in the current situation therefore take what you are gettingon the way instead of waiting and delaying.

I am on the same boat as you as I am completing my 10 years on 24th Aug,2015 and 5 years of Tier 1 General in Oct 2016 so I am opting for 10 years route and will go for Premium Service along with my wife who also completing her 10 Years long residency on her own.

Documents needs for SET (LR) 10 years long residency.

1.All previous Passports with Biometric cards
2.HO approval letters of all Leave to Remain
3.Date of Absence from UK
4.LIUKT
5.English B1 test certificate or Degree for exemption of Test
6.3 months payslips and bank statements (if asked although not required)

I would be really grateful if you share your experience at the Premium Service (Croydon or which ever you book) as you will be going before my application and it will help me to prepare our case accordingly.
Good Luck

Vijlim
Newly Registered

Post by Vijlim » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi friends..I need some expert advise ...really upset..don't know what to do?
I came UK on student visa in July 2006 and continue get 3 extended on student visa till dec 2015.last was granted in January 26th 2015.all extension got easily (mean no rejection).i just received latter from HO ur visa curtail because of ur college revoke in March 26th 2015 so ur leave remain till 15th August 2015.no right of appeal in this decision but make fresh application.my question is....

I could not find any college to get new cas or sponsor. I met many soli for this situation and their opinion blow
1. Make application flr(fp) spend ur 10 years time with right of appeal
2.if u make flr(fp) u don't have right of appeal but u can spend time in jr.
3. It's chance to get right of appeal 50 50 in flr (fp)
I just been my home country in 2008 April for 25 days for holiday and rest of d time spending in UK (2006 to 2015 with valid visa).my grand father got British passport (past away)but he did not register on my dad name so my cud not come.i have my all other family n relative hear.i m living alone hear in my family.now my question is...1 if I go for flr(fp) I can spend rest of 10 month in 10 years?
2.If I go on student visa without cas n got rejection with no right of appeal and spend time in adm n jr?
3.in mean time sud I give b1 if I reach 10 years?
4.make any application which I get right of appeal?
Plssss help me on this situation and give idea wat to do?i really appreciate for advise.thanks

imrankhan123
Newly Registered

Post by imrankhan123 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Congratulations for your ILR,

I have few questions as I am new to this forum and would like to get some help regarding my ILR application.
My 10 years will complete on 01/10/2015 but my present leave to remain will expire on 30/10/2015. My questions are as below;

Q1. When can i apply for my ILR application?

Q2. As I am planning to go for premier service appointment, Do I have to hire a solicitor or OISC representative or Can I go on my own and book it online (what is the procedure)?

Q3. What are the requirements apart from all the previous passports and HO visa approvals?

Q4. I will be filling the SET (LR) on my own is it tricky or just simple?

I would very much appreciate the help on this matter.

Kindest regards,

Imran Khan

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:51 pm

imrankhan123 wrote:Congratulations for your ILR,

I have few questions as I am new to this forum and would like to get some help regarding my ILR application.
My 10 years will complete on 01/10/2015 but my present leave to remain will expire on 30/10/2015. My questions are as below;

Q2. As I am planning to go for premier service appointment, Do I have to hire a solicitor or OISC representative or Can I go on my own and book it online (what is the procedure)?

Q3. What are the requirements apart from all the previous passports and HO visa approvals?

Kindest regards,

Imran Khan
You can apply for SET(LR) ILR 28 days before u complete ur 10 years legally. Period starts from the day U first entered UK.
You should use PEO service if your case is straight forward and you don't need any solicitor or representative.
You can book it online and make sure u start keep looking for dates regularly as U may find it difficult to book an appointment sometime.
ALL passports + LIUK passed test + English language requirement or UK Degree
FORM is very simple and U should be fine.

Best of luck

Regards
Khan

Vijlim
Newly Registered

Post by Vijlim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
imrankhan123 wrote:Congratulations for your ILR,

Kindest regards,

Imran Khan
You can apply for SET(LR) ILR 28 days before u complete ur 10 years legally. Period starts from the day U first entered UK.
You should use PEO service if your case is straight forward and you don't need any solicitor or representative.
You can book it online and make sure u start keep looking for dates regularly as U may find it difficult to book an appointment sometime.
ALL passports + LIUK passed test + English language requirement or UK Degree
FORM is very simple and U should be fine.

Best of luck

Regards
Khan
Khan1980 plsss help me too....any expert?

ziqbal11
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal11 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

ziqbal11 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
ziqbal11 wrote:HI,
i am new to this form i appreciate if some one guide me regarding my visa.

i have applied ILR on the basis of Long Residence in Dec 14. now i received letter for interview.
if any one experience same situation please guide me about this matter.
what type of questions they asked?
why they call for interview is that normal ?
My case history is 8 years students,then i applied Entrepreneur visa and refused , Appealed on time,Withdraw appeal and apply for ILR.
through Solicitor.
should i take my legal representative with me?

Thanks
Hi

If u see the previous posts in this thread u will see that they called some board members for interview. They asked question about english language test and LIUK.

DId u submit toeic or any other language test which is under investigation?
Hi, thanks for ur reply i did not apply any visa with toeic english test.
Any more views ?

gigglero
Newly Registered

Post by gigglero » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 am

Hi,

I am new to this, so looking for any guidance around the application.

My 10 years long residence is due on 12/09/2015. And I am looking to apply it through the premium service.

Is there a guide somewhere for a checklist of things I need to prepare and help me work out how to book an appointment? I have thought about using a lawyer to help out, but given the price hike for a premium service, adding on legal fees seems to be a big cheque to pay. Was thinking if it was easy to do it myself?

Many thanks

imrankhan123
Newly Registered

Post by imrankhan123 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Dear Mr Khan,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. And that is very helpful.

Now I am just concerned about filling in the Set (LR) as I had a look at the new one today and some parts were little confusing. honestly speaking i am just a little scared of making any error. But I am planning to get someone's help on proof reading and double check once I book the appointment and finish compiling all the documents together.

Many thanks,

I Khan

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 pm

while leave continue by 3C/3D ,can I apply for ILR 28 days before or I have to make 10 years ? I arrived in UK 30th August.so which day I can apply ?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:59 pm

dont risk brother

completete 10 years and 3 days extra ... better

then withdraw the appeal.. wait for letter from tribunal..

when you withdraw appeal.. same day by evening.. go online.. and create you account..on UKBA.. book appoitment. for peo..

better book at sheffield..as all docs are retained at sheffield..
meet2mustafiz wrote:while leave continue by 3C/3D ,can I apply for ILR 28 days before or I have to make 10 years ? I arrived in UK 30th August.so which day I can apply ?

Vijlim
Newly Registered

Post by Vijlim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:05 pm

ANYONE CAN ADVISE ME ON MY POST PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm

smir wrote:dont risk brother

when you withdraw appeal.. same day by evening.. go online.. and create you account..on UKBA.. book appoitment. for peo..

meet2mustafiz wrote:while leave continue by 3C/3D ,can I apply for ILR 28 days before or I have to make 10 years ? I arrived in UK 30th August.so which day I can apply ?
thanks for your advice brother,While my passport and all documents is with Home Office,can I go for same day service? as far I know I can't. pls give me further advice

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:25 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:
smir wrote:dont risk brother

thanks for your advice brother,While my passport and all documents is with Home Office,can I go for same day service? as far I know I can't. pls give me further advice
your case is very complicated and u have a big gap in your continuous residency. U were given advise to add additional grounds in your appeal that u complete 10 years.

If u withdraw your appeal and go to PEO its a waste of money and your case will deal as postal.

Other thing read paragraph below

OUT OF TIME APPEAL
If an out of time appeal is permitted by the First-tier Tribunal, leave under section 3C or 3D is taken to apply from the date the court accept the appeal which will reinstate the applicant’s conditions under their previous grant of leave. In these circumstances the applicant will not have been covered by 3C leave between the date of the original refusal and the day before 3C leave is reinstated. From that date, section 3C leave will continue until the appeal is finally determined, withdrawn or abandoned

Your ILR case in straight refusal because u were not covered by 3c when your ftt decision were sent to old solicitor (even though u put a request to change solicitor before hearing). and it took a while to got the ftt decision and u put permission to UT.

So best bit for u is to go on your hearing add additional ground if judge accepts it than HO will reconsider your case and if they refuse u (because of the gap) they will give u appeal right and than u can defend your case and u will cover by 3c all this time.

If u withdraw your appeal, 3c will end and ( no right to work ). If refuse than only option is JR. which is expensive and time consuming.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Brother zee Ali,
I have spoke to 2 barrister and solicitor regarding this issue.all of them said If we able to provide evidences that we notify tribunal about the changes before hearing then I will be safe by law, my further suffering depend on case worker who will deal with my ILR application.
one of my closed friend got ILR recently who was deported to Bangladesh for 2 years with out country appeal right.end of the day he won and back UK.when his 10 year completed he apply for ILR.Home office counted 10 years including those 2 years while he was in Bangladesh.
If we able to provide evidences that it wasn't our fault -end of day we applicants will win

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:Brother zee Ali,
I have spoke to 2 barrister and solicitor regarding this issue.all of them said If we able to provide evidences that we notify tribunal about the changes before hearing then I will be safe by law, my further suffering depend on case worker who will deal with my ILR application.
one of my closed friend got ILR recently who was deported to Bangladesh for 2 years with out country appeal right.end of the day he won and back UK.when his 10 year completed he apply for ILR.Home office counted 10 years including those 2 years while he was in Bangladesh.
If we able to provide evidences that it wasn't our fault -end of day we applicants will win
Where u gonna provide the evidences? Sitting next to the caseworker in PEO?

Try your luck man. Hope u get the good news

Share with us whatever the outcome is
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi @Zee ali

What do you think about my case? Should I go for same day service in 13th or 14 of August?

Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years and treasury gave cost of the case.

can I apply 28 days before 10 years ( on or after 13/08/2015)

1- All Passports
2- Biomatric card
3- Last year P60

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 pm

LR2015 wrote:Hi @Zee ali

What do you think about my case? Should I go for same day service in 13th or 14 of August?

Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years and treasury gave cost of the case.

can I apply 28 days before 10 years ( on or after 13/08/2015)

1- All Passports
2- Biomatric card
3- Last year P60
It s upto u and same day decision is upto the caseworker. If he is satisfied than can give u ILR sameday. SAR should contain all the previous record

UKres

Post by UKres » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Guys,
Need your help, i applied for SAR report in feb , i haven't receiced it yet.
Does anyone requested SAR or anyone got it?

I send them 2-3 reminder still nothing.

Any suggestion what i can do now ?

Thanks

mkh

Post by mkh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 pm

UKres wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks
I requested a few months back. The cheque processed in a months time and the SAR arrived on the second month.

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:24 am

mkh wrote:

Thanks
I requested a few months back. The cheque processed in a months time and the SAR arrived on the second month.
Did you know is there any phone bumber to contact them? Or only we cansend them letters (which they nerver replied)?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:45 pm

UKres wrote:
mkh wrote:

Thanks
Did you know is there any phone bumber to contact them? Or only we cansend them letters (which they nerver replied)?
Fax Them. I did the same and got reply within 2 weeks. U can get the fax number from the acknowledgement (40 days) letter. which they sent u .