ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 unmarried couple

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

EEA2 unmarried couple

Post by gmgmgm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Hello all,

I am Italian and my unmarried partner is Colombian, we would like to apply for the eeu2 permit. I am a PhD student since October 2012 while she came to the UK in September 2012 on a Tier 4 visa (she was doing a master degree). We met in November 2012 and we are a couple since then. From July 2013 to the end of January 2014 we moved in together, sharing a house with another couple. At the end of January 2014 her tier 4 visa expired but she was lucky enough to be sponsored under a tier2 visa. However, her workplace is very far from where I live (about 2 hours by train) so we could not live together anymore. Commuting or moving halfway would be financially unsustainable for us so we decided it would have been better for her to move close to her workplace. Even if we don't live together, our relationship continues and we see each other every weekend. She came to Italy more than once and, at the end of last year, I went to Colombia to meet her family. We can prove that our relationship is authentic and that it is lasting since more than two years with pictures, flight tickets and a lot of train tickets. We would like to include a letter explaining our situation and stress the fact that we can't live together because of reason that do not depend on us. What are our chances to have a successful application for the eea2 permit? What happens if it is rejected?

Thanks
G

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: EEA2 unmarried couple

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Unfortunately your programme won't work because pictured, tickets, distant chat will not be accepted. For getting success in your programme the strong documents like joint bank statements, joint bills, joint tenancy agreement etc will need. Although its a era of science & technology making easier the the life & distanced electronically but unfortunately ukba is old fashioned and need paper based extensive documents for unmarried partner relationships.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

gmgmgm
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 unmarried couple

Post by gmgmgm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:30 pm

I forgot to mention that we have a common bank account that we use for common expenses such as vacations etc and we also have the joined tenancy agreement for the seven months we lived together.
We would like to argue that we live together but, because of work reasons, we do so only on Fri/Sat/Sun...