ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship confirmation / Oath Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamdev23
Newly Registered

Citizenship confirmation / Oath Ceremony

Post by kamdev23 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope to get a solution for the below question which i have

Background
==========
Applied for naturalization on 30th March 2015 money has been deducted and also have got a confirmation letter from home office but still hasn't got any approval letter from home office.

I need to go to holiday for a period of 8 weeks starting(15th July and will be back by 2nd Sept '15) but was wondering if i am not present at home and if i receive success approval letter for my naturalization then how would thinks work?

I have seen the naturalization success letter of few of my friends and the letter clearly mentions that we should contact the local authority within 21 days and at the same time the guidance letter mentions you should complete you citizenship ceremony within 90 days.

I am aware about i can travel on Indian passport for 3 months from the day i get the citizenship approval.

Question
========
What happens whilst i am not in the country for a span of 8 weeks and i get the approval letter?

Can somebody clarify the 21 days contacting the local authority?

Imagine a situation i get the naturalization success on 10th aug( I wudnt b in the country on this date but i can hand over the house keys to one of my friends who can monitor my posts) so can i book a ceremony date after 2nd sept once i am back from my holidays?

I have tried calling the home office to ask the above questions but have no luck yet.

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Citizenship confirmation / Oath Ceremony

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 am

kamdev23 wrote:Hi Guys,

Background
==========
Applied for naturalization on 30th March 2015 money has been deducted and also have got a confirmation letter from home office but still hasn't got any approval letter from home office.

I need to go to holiday for a period of 8 weeks starting(15th July and will be back by 2nd Sept '15) but was wondering if i am not present at home and if i receive success approval letter for my naturalization then how would thinks work?

I have seen the naturalization success letter of few of my friends and the letter clearly mentions that we should contact the local authority within 21 days and at the same time the guidance letter mentions you should complete you citizenship ceremony within 90 days.

I am aware about i can travel on Indian passport for 3 months from the day i get the citizenship approval.
First of all this is not counted from the day of approval, it is counted from the day you have your ceremony and physically receive your certificate.

Question
========
What happens whilst i am not in the country for a span of 8 weeks and i get the approval letter?

You are given 21 days from the date on the letter to contact the local authority and book a date for your ceremony. Basically you just have to call the council mentioned on the letter and ask them to book, you can easily do it from abroad.

Imagine a situation i get the naturalization success on 10th aug( I wudnt b in the country on this date but i can hand over the house keys to one of my friends who can monitor my posts) so can i book a ceremony date after 2nd sept once i am back from my holidays?
This is exactly what other people do. So yes ask someone to keep an eye on your letters and let you know as soon as you receive the approval letter then you can call the council from abroad and book a date which must be within 3 months from the date mentioned on the letter.

I have tried calling the home office to ask the above questions but have no luck yet.

This has been answered tens of times on the forum, see my responses above.

noajthan

Re: Citizenship confirmation / Oath Ceremony

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

kamdev23 wrote:Hi Guys,

Question
========

Note: sometimes the letter from the council designates a specific ceremony day that is available and so you are automatically 'invited' to attend it.
If you agree with that date you don't need to reply - just attend on the day.

Ofcourse if you are absent you would then have to contact them to make alternate arrangements.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.