ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Iranian citizen in Dubai to apply for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Iranian citizen in Dubai to apply for spouse visa

Post by Caps4444 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 am

I have a couple of question, was hoping for advice.

Currently working for the same employer for 15 months. I plan to get married with my fiancé who lives abroad on July 19th of this year. We then plan to apply for the Spouse Visa a week or so after the wedding ceremony.
Hence the plan was to apply through Cat A.
Now a new job opportunity has come about and I’m at the latter stages of the process with a decision to be made end of June.
If I were to accept and hand in my notice, I would then be serving 3 months’ notice, which should take me through to end of September.

Questions:

Do I still apply through Cat A?

Would I need to inform UK Immigration of this new job? Would I need to include the new job offer letter and contract (which would be for an October start date)?

I assume I will still need a letter from my current employer regarding my current situation and pay etc….as even in my notice period I’m still a full time employee?

Many many thanks.

PariJ
United Kingdom

Re: Job change help

Post by PariJ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Suggest to submit the offer letter of the new job as well as part of supporting docs.

I think you fall under category -A but I will defer to users who have applied under this category to advise.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Thank you. But if someone can please give me some advice, as the job is a great opportunity, but I don't want to risk the visa application being rejected.

Thanks.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:15 am

Sorry, just bumping this up?
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Do you intend to apply for FLR(M) at a Premium Service Centre in person? If so, as an in-person application are generally decided on the same day, you would only need to submit details/documents relating to your current employment. That's assuming your employer is happy to provide a letter confirming your employment and salary etc.
If you apply by post, as applications can take up to 3 months to process it would be risky not to mention the pending change of job as the case worker could call your previous employer to verify your employment and find you'd left. Bear in mind that although an in-person Premium appointment is an additional £400, it would mean that your spouse could legally work as soon as the FLR(M) visa is granted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Thank you for the reply.

My wife to be is an Iranian national, so she will be applying at VFS in Dubai. So she will be handing in the documents in person, along with the printed off application form.

I guess my question is, do I apply through Category A (with 6 months pay slips etc....) I will still be employed at old company as I will be in the middle of a 3 month notice period, at the same time I will also provide details of new employer contract with new salary etc....

I will be open with UKVI in the sense that I will state that I'm moving jobs. Just want to know if I can apply through CAT A and provide the additional details?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:01 pm

I had misunderstood your post and thought that you would be applying for a fiance visa to marry in the UK. I believe that the application should be submitted under category A with details of the intention to change employer from the beginning of October. However, wait for confirmation from others who may have personal experience of the same situation. .
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Thank you, Casa.

I'm going to have to do it that way. Can't think of any other way.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm now being told that a job offer or promise of a job offer is only valid if you are moving to the UK. So basically my application will get rejected if I have given notice and plan to start a new job?

So it means I either wait until end of October, so that I have a new payslip and apply through CAT B, hence I won't have my wife here until January 2016!! or not take up the new job!

Please someone confirm if this is the case.

Thanks.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Post by Caps4444 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Anyone, please?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:40 am

Caps4444 wrote:I'm now being told that a job offer or promise of a job offer is only valid if you are moving to the UK. So basically my application will get rejected if I have given notice and plan to start a new job?

So it means I either wait until end of October, so that I have a new payslip and apply through CAT B, hence I won't have my wife here until January 2016!! or not take up the new job!

Please someone confirm if this is the case.

Thanks.
Slightly different scenario as you are not relying on that job as proof of income - just updating UKVI.
My advice would be to send that information at a later date so as not to confuse your application initially. You may well get a response before you start the new job. I would say only send details if you have not had an outcome by Sept.

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Applicant letter question

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Just in the process of the spouse visa application.

For the applicant cover letter, my wife is not fluent in English by any means. She has passed the English test, but not that strong to write a letter. Should she still write it, even though it will be with mistakes, or should I write it on her behalf and she can just sign?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applicant letter question

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm

The applicant doesn't need to write a letter. You should write one supporting your wife's application as her sponsor.
(Casa, not CR001)

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Iranian citizen in Dubai applying for spouse visa

Post by Caps4444 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

My wife and I got married last weekend. We have been together for 4 months ( I know it's short), She is an Iranian Citizen and I'm originally Iranian, but have been in the UK since the age of 4.

I'm providing original marriage certificate, notarized copy, flight tickets for 3 trips (initial meet, engagement and marriage) every 2 months. 4 months of itemized BT phone bills showing two 1 hour conversations every week. photos across the 3 trips. My main question is on WhatsApp. I have done 2 screen shots for each month we have been together; should I also add the entire history (900 pages), and the other issue is that much of it is in Farsi and not English?

Many thanks.

SoHopeful

Re: Genuine Relationship Question

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:26 am

Screenshots are fine.
I do believe you would need these translated.

adealerking

Re: Genuine Relationship Question

Post by adealerking » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Caps4444 wrote:My wife and I got married last weekend. We have been together for 4 months ( I know it's short), She is an Iranian Citizen and I'm originally Iranian, but have been in the UK since the age of 4.

I'm providing original marriage certificate, notarized copy, flight tickets for 3 trips (initial meet, engagement and marriage) every 2 months. 4 months of itemized BT phone bills showing two 1 hour conversations every week. photos across the 3 trips. My main question is on WhatsApp. I have done 2 screen shots for each month we have been together; should I also add the entire history (900 pages), and the other issue is that much of it is in Farsi and not English?

Many thanks.
The 900 pages plus... good luck brother you will need to translate! !! It'll be decent enough to send them if it was in English than yeah definitely and to be honest only like 1 page from every month will be fine!! As I did this one page from every month conversation and for Skype took screen shoots and even that showing just some random selection dates in months out of 6 months

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Iranian Citizen - urgent query

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:01 pm

We have submitted the online application for spouse Visa and my wife has an appointment at VFS Dubai on Monday. I have paid the visa fee and health charge. My question is, have I made a horrendous mistake in choosing Dubai, as I read a post from 2013 saying that the Dubai office keep the passport, while Turkey does not. Surely they can't expect my wife to stay in Dubai for 12 weeks?!
Anyone please help, do I need to cancel?

Caps4444
Newly Registered

Re: Iranian Citizen - urgent query

Post by Caps4444 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Also to add that she will only have a 30 day visa to stay in Dubai so after 4 weeks, she will be with no passport and illegally there? So just makes no sense?

Caps4444
Newly Registered

VFS Dubai - what a joke!

Post by Caps4444 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

My wife is submitting documents today and she just came back saying that the VFS person only said she needed the copies and did not want originals!!!!
Anyway, so been on the phone with her and she is going back to insist on them keeping the originals....
She is there now and the lady said there is no need for originals, but she will accept them.

On UKVI they insist on originals, and now this.....or is it a ploy with people who are not so proficient in English to make them fail so that they re-apply and pay the fee again!

I'm shocked.