ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raju1

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by Raju1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 am

Ram001 wrote:
Ram001 wrote:Submitted settlement visa wife
Vfs office - hyderabad
Visa type: Settlement spouse visa
Date of application: 20-April-2015
Biometrics done : 20-April-2015
Application has been dispatched to BHC: 20-April-2015
received at Chennai: 21-April-2015

27 working days still awaiting decision...
Submitted settlement visa wife
Vfs office - hyderabad
Application Processed: 09.06.2015 (Email received today)
Approval Status: awaiting for courier

35 working days in total for a decision to make.

email:

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai

Ram001,

Congrats for getting the news about visa processing done. Feel free to share us your experience and results.

Cheers,
Raju

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:32 am

Amneet wrote:
GeetL wrote:
Amneet wrote:hiii Ram001,

Congratz for ur visa processing to be done. I really hope its good news. let us know about the outcome ok.
wish u all the best.

Our documents submitted timeline is nearly same. I applied on 17th april but BHC delhi.
Don't give up hope Amneet. We're in the same boat so we will get a decision soon. There's always light at the end of the tunnel. We've stopped counting the days and just going by the 60 day SLA that they have in place. That way we will be less likely to feel so anxious looking at those who have been lucky to get a decision sooner.
GeetL, Yeaah u r right and thanku so much for your condolence. Yeah hopefully we will get it very soon. Have you got any update yet? If yes then let me know ok.
I will pray for u we need to pray for each other.
heyheyheyguys wrote:Geet and Amneet, we're in the same boat... the applicants getting a fast visa is depressing me :(

What sort of updates are you guys getting? I'm getting "in progress.."
I followed up last week and got the same email twice saying no updates and I've never had an "in progress" email so not sure what to think. Looking at other forums as well, a lot of people are saying that you don't get much communication from them or least meaningful communication. I am intending to follow up tomorrow or Friday. The last email stated either the details I provided are incorrect or I'm enquiring too soon. I'm slightly worried that contacting them again and again may jeopardise their decision!

Amneet and hey3guys - just think of it this way: as each day is going by, we are one more day closer to getting a decision. Think positive thoughts and receive positive news :)

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Ram001 wrote:
Vfs office - hyderabad

Vfs office - hyderabad

email:

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai
Vfs office - hyderabad
Approval Status: Approved (33 months Visa)

Wish you all the Best all....

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Amneet wrote:hiii Ram001,

Congratz for ur visa processing to be done. I really hope its good news. let us know about the outcome ok.
wish u all the best.

Our documents submitted timeline is nearly same. I applied on 17th april but BHC delhi.
Hi Amneet,

My wife received her Visa today, so all happy. I hope your wait wont be long and hope you will get your Visa soon.

Regards
Ram

Ram001
Newly Registered

Post by Ram001 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Raju1 wrote:
Ram001 wrote:
Vfs office - hyderabad

Vfs office - hyderabad

email:

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

Ram001,

Congrats for getting the news about visa processing done. Feel free to share us your experience and results.

Cheers,
Raju

Hi Raju,

The Visa is granted, i think the SLA of 60 days is lengthy. apart from that the Provess was straight forward Except the confusion of filling the IHS Application online. I hope you get your Visa soon.

Thanks
Ram

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,
i just post my timeline which i have applied recently.
VFS center: mumbai (south)
Application and biometric date: 8th June,2015
SMS recieved: 8th june,2015 that your application for ********* number was forwarded to UKVI.
I have activated the VFS SMS service so that every step of them a message would come but
still no updates of SMS or email from the UKVI.

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:55 am

Parij/amneet/Geet...have u got any updates??

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 am

snehal125 wrote:Hi everyone,
SMS recieved: 8th june,2015 that your application for ********* number was forwarded to UKVI.
I have activated the VFS SMS service so that every step of them a message would come but
heyheyheyguys wrote:Parij/amneet/Geet...have u got any updates??
Hey Snehal125 - realistically I think you only get two texts - the first one which you have and a final one which tells you a decision has been made (not the decision). My husband has never been sent any texts since we applied on 27th April.

Hey3guys - no updates as of yet; I sent an email last week and got the same "no updates" email again. I have had a look at the timelines on the VFS India website and it states Delhi BHC timelines are now 31-40 days whereas the last few months have been 30 days so there is a delay but they haven't specified any reasons as to why this is. Have you had any further progress?

Amneet
Newly Registered

Post by Amneet » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Still no update. Yday i did email to ukvi but got reply that 'there are no current update'.
Im really fed up. :cry:
Its been 40 working days.

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 pm

I've had 44 days with just "under process"... if any of you gets a visa, please post on the forum... I am anxiously waiting to find out if it's an approval or decline... As far as I know, mine should have been a straightforward applicaiton..

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:07 pm

GeetL wrote:
Hey Snehal125 - realistically I think you only get two texts - the first one which you have and a final one which tells you a decision has been made (not the decision). My husband has never been sent any texts since we applied on 27th April.

Hey3guys - no updates as of yet; I sent an email last week and got the same "no updates" email again. I have had a look at the timelines on the VFS India website and it states Delhi BHC timelines are now 31-40 days whereas the last few months have been 30 days so there is a delay but they haven't specified any reasons as to why this is. Have you had any further progress?
Hey Geetl
Thanks for your information. Hope they soon give the decision of my application.
I have currently research on the vfs weekly publishing the timeline of the settlement application.
Its seems from this that mumbai processing time now adays finishing settlement visa in few days and in chennai and delhi it is taking on an average of 35 and 30 days respectively.
Hope this info is usefull to all.

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

hi Hey3guy,
i hope you have any update of your application.

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 pm

heyheyheyguys wrote:I've had 44 days with just "under process"... if any of you gets a visa, please post on the forum... I am anxiously waiting to find out if it's an approval or decline... As far as I know, mine should have been a straightforward applicaiton..
I don't know why they say 30 days when it actually does take longer. I think we have to be realistic and stick to the 60 day rule. Will definitely let you know as soon as I get any more information. I don't even know if our one has even been looked at by anyone yet as all u get on email is no updates.

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:54 pm

snehal125 wrote:
GeetL wrote:

Hey Geetl
Thanks for your information. Hope they soon give the decision of my application.
I have currently research on the vfs weekly publishing the timeline of the settlement application.
Its seems from this that mumbai processing time now adays finishing settlement visa in few days and in chennai and delhi it is taking on an average of 35 and 30 days respectively.
Hope this info is usefull to all.
Snehal125 I would suggest going by the timelines on the ukvi website and not on the vfs website (even though the times lines on the vfs one are a lot less). There are very few people who I have come across that have had their decisions within the timelines given of the vfs website. Personally I was extremely disappointed and upset when I didn't get a response from Delhi in 30 days so I would just say manage your expectations with the realistic figures and if you're one of the lucky people you will hear back sooner which is always a bonus! :)

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:55 am

Thanks everyone for your support...to those waiting-- do you think they are delaying our applications coz of some problem we may have with our documents? I can't think of any problems I might have..

Amneet
Newly Registered

Post by Amneet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Thanks everyone for your support...to those waiting-- do you think they are delaying our applications coz of some problem we may have with our documents? I can't think of any problems I might have..
hey3guys
Aw dnt worry just think positive so outcome will be positive.
Some lucky peoples getting visa so fast. In some applications they just taking time to checks and they need more enquiries thats why. We all r in same situation.
Wondering why there still no current update. :/

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:56 am

Posted in Hyderabad on 18th of may and still no clue of what's happening. Sent an e-mail last Friday and got a message saying not yet assessed by an ECO. Don't know when they are going to do it :? .

Looking at the time scales, the rejections and the amount they charge for each application, I wish I had my Tier 1 extended rather than getting this ILR :wink:

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

Hi everyone.. I received a call from the BHC today, saying that they want to interview me on 30th June... so nervous!!! This is nerve-wracking!!

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi everyone.. I received a call from the BHC today, saying that they want to interview me on 30th June... so nervous!!! This is nerve-wracking!!

Is it just you or is it with your partner??

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi everyone.. I received a call from the BHC today, saying that they want to interview me on 30th June... so nervous!!! This is nerve-wracking!!
Hi hey3 guys.
Dont be nervous . everything will be fine. Its good atleast your application is in process and soon you ll get positive reply.
best of luck for interview dear.

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:48 am

That is actually good news to an extent that your application is moving forward. Just prepare well for it, make sure you know your application inside out and details about your relationship with your spouse as I've "heard" that 50% of the questions are related to your relationship.

I'm quite excited for you! Best of luck and don't be nervous, all will go well :)

Amneet
Newly Registered

Post by Amneet » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:46 pm

hey3guys mate,
Im happy for you and u have no need to worry it will be gud . Its good news atleast you got an update.
Dnt be nervous.
My best wishes are with you.
Just be prepare for your interview.

Amneet
Newly Registered

Post by Amneet » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:52 am

hiiiii everyone!!!
I got today decision made email from british embassy new delhi.
Excited + nervous.
Fingers crossed....

GeetL

Post by GeetL » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Amneet wrote:
Best of lucky Amneet!!

I have had to call them today as I still got the same no update email after almost 40 days. Upon calling them I was told they have no record of our application! To say I'm furious is an understatement! They have now sent me an email to escalate things further and find out where the file is. I cannot believe after spending so much time and money that they don't have a proper tracking system in place. I have to wait 3-5 days for a reply to the email to see what is happening.

snehal125

Post by snehal125 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Amneet wrote:hiiiii everyone!!!
I got today decision made email from british embassy new delhi.
Excited + nervous.
Fingers crossed....
congratulation amneet,
hope for your decision to be positive.