ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application: Employer's letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Miami
Newly Registered

ILR application: Employer's letter

Post by Miami » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping that people on this forum can shed some light on issue regarding an ILR application on the basis of 5 years continuous work permit employment.

I intend to apply for ILR soon and one of the requirements is a letter from your current employer satating that your employment is continuing for the foreseeable future. My question is how long is counted as forseeable future. Is there a minimum period of time that I have to stay with the same employer (beyond the 5 years)? I would appreciate the moderator's views on this matter.

Many thanks,

Miami

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 pm

you can quit your employer at any time you wish, feel free to do so once you have ILR - unless you have bond tied-up.

if you are in permanent employment, i don't think there will be any issues for your employer giving such a letter. (i just got one from my employer stating.. my employment will continue until retirement age..)

HTH

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:55 pm

timefactor wrote:you can quit your employer at any time you wish, feel free to do so once you have ILR - unless you have bond tied-up.
These bonds are illegal in the UK. You can leave according to the terms of a valid and legitimate employment contract.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Miami
Newly Registered

Post by Miami » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:51 pm

timefactor wrote:you can quit your employer at any time you wish, feel free to do so once you have ILR - unless you have bond tied-up.

if you are in permanent employment, i don't think there will be any issues for your employer giving such a letter. (i just got one from my employer stating.. my employment will continue until retirement age..)

HTH
Many thanks, Timefactor and VictoriaS.

However, I feel that I need to rephrase my question as that's not what I was asking.

I intend to apply for ILRin the next few weeks. I have been employed on a workpermit since 22Nov 2002 (until now). However I have been offered another job which I hope to move to ASAP. If I get a letter from m curent employer stating that I have been employed from 22 Nov 2002 and my employment is continuing until 30 Nov 2007, will the HO have grounds to reject my ILR application because my employment is not continuing for a substantial period of time beyond the 5-year ILR qualifying period.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks,

Miami.

sydney_chick
Newly Registered

Post by sydney_chick » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:11 pm

[quote="Miami"]

Many thanks, Timefactor and VictoriaS.

However, I feel that I need to rephrase my question as that's not what I was asking.

I intend to apply for ILRin the next few weeks. I have been employed on a workpermit since 22Nov 2002 (until now). However I have been offered another job which I hope to move to ASAP. If I get a letter from m curent employer stating that I have been employed from 22 Nov 2002 and my employment is continuing until 30 Nov 2007, will the HO have grounds to reject my ILR application because my employment is not continuing for a substantial period of time beyond the 5-year ILR qualifying period.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks,

Miami.[/quote]

Does your current employer know that you are going to leave?
I think that you might have issues if you tell the HO that you aren't sticking with that employer... if you are on good terms with them, I would ask them to write the letter saying that you are employed for the foreseeable future.

Miami
Newly Registered

Post by Miami » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Does your current employer know that you are going to leave?
I think that you might have issues if you tell the HO that you aren't sticking with that employer... if you are on good terms with them, I would ask them to write the letter saying that you are employed for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

Thanks Sidneychick,

Yes, my current employer know that I am leaving; I had to give 3 months' notice. However my new employer has already obtained a new Workpermit for me. So my dilemma is whether to go for ILR or apply for FLR on the new workpermit and then apply for ILR. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Miami.