ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adutl british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

First adutl british passport

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi,

My naturalisation application has been approved. My question is around what documents to include with the passport application. Can anyone confirm whether I am missing anything below:

1. Application form
2. 2 passport size photographs (with one my name on it and countersigned)
3. Naturalisation certificate
4. Current Passport

Thanks,
Raiden

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First adutl british passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:06 pm

1. Application form
3. Naturalisation certificate Yes
4. Current Passport You need to send ALL uncancelled passports
Please see page 12 and 13 of the guidance booklet Here (Click)

Have you attended your ceremony? Per your post in one of the timeline threads, you can still get the forms at the Post Office. If you do online, bear in mind that HMPO will post this back to you for signature and referees details which you will then need to send back with your documents. Quicker to do paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi,

I have looked at that booklet but did not notice anything that I have not included. Any particular thing that comes to your mind or am I missing something?

Additonally, can you request them to delete your biometric data once you obtain your pasport?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Don't forget to include Grandparents details too, I understand these are needed for the interviewer to question you on.

I read on here that apps were returned without this info despite it not being clear at all on the form/booklet.

Too much info is better than not enough!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Wanderer wrote:Don't forget to include Grandparents details too, I understand these are needed for the interviewer to question you on.

I read on here that apps were returned without this info despite it not being clear at all on the form/booklet.

Too much info is better than not enough!
my grandparent have nothing to do with my application in the sense that their names are not even included in my current passport or anywhere.... :(

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:04 pm

london_2014 wrote: my grandparent have nothing to do with my application in the sense that their names are not even included in my current passport or anywhere.... :(
Yes, but its necessary for a few cases but they ask for all the cases, please click here for how to provide information if not known. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 pm

london_2014 wrote:Hi,

I have looked at that booklet but did not notice anything that I have not included. Any particular thing that comes to your mind or am I missing something?

Additonally, can you request them to delete your biometric data once you obtain your pasport?
You have listed only 'current passport', I have advised, per the requirement,
4. Current Passport You need to send ALL uncancelled passports
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:27 pm

london_2014 wrote:Hi,

My naturalisation application has been approved. My question is around what documents to include with the passport application. Can anyone confirm whether I am missing anything below:

1. Application form
3. Naturalisation certificate
4. Current Passport

Thanks,
Raiden
You may be aware Post Office offers a Check & Send service.

They will sanity check or at least crosscheck the application for you;
they will also send it (at 'their' expense) to HO via a secure service (which kind of offsets the, from memory, £9 fee.

Pay £3 extra & you will get your documents returned to you via a secure service too.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:21 am

Hi thanks.

I am just planning to get it rigth first time. As I wont have enough time to go to PO twice. Can someone answer the folloiwng:

1. Do I need to send across the photocopies of the documents (i.e., uncancelled passports and citizenship certificates?)
2. Since both my parent were born abroad I am required to include the date of grandparent marriage. Neither me nor them know the date. Both grandparents are dead. I do not think back those days (we are talking about 1930's) there was a certificate system in those countries. Do I just ignore it? I never needed it anywhere.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:38 am

london_2014 wrote:Hi thanks.

I am just planning to get it rigth first time. As I wont have enough time to go to PO twice. Can someone answer the folloiwng:

1. Do I need to send across the photocopies of the documents (i.e., uncancelled passports and citizenship certificates?)
2. Since both my parent were born abroad I am required to include the date of grandparent marriage. Neither me nor them know the date. Both grandparents are dead. I do not think back those days (we are talking about 1930's) there was a certificate system in those countries. Do I just ignore it? I never needed it anywhere.
1) When applying from inside UK original passports (all uncancelled passports) are required to be submitted;
(I suppose it helps prove you are physically here).

Photocopies of other documents are not required;
note: photocopy of naturalisation certificate will not be accepted - original only.
(It must not even be laminated).

2) For any/all unknown information such as grandparents' dates just put "not known".

Suggest you keep copies and scans of everything you send, just for the record.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:40 pm

london_2014 wrote:Hi thanks.

I am just planning to get it rigth first time. As I wont have enough time to go to PO twice.
You dont need to, you can do it online.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.