ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT to T2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deeam9
Newly Registered

T2 ICT to T2 General

Post by deeam9 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello All

I know this question must have been asked several times in this group but I couldn't find anything specific to my situation. I came here in Feb 2013 on T2 ICT. Is it possible for me to switch to T2 General in any condition?

I keep on getting emails from recruiters but I don't respond to them as I am not sure if they can switch me to T2 General.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: T2 ICT to T2 General

Post by manci » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:33 pm

deeam9 wrote:Hello All

I know this question must have been asked several times in this group but I couldn't find anything specific to my situation. I came here in Feb 2013 on T2 ICT. Is it possible for me to switch to T2 General in any condition?

unfortunately not unless you return to home country and wait 12 months (cooling off). See para 15 in the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

I keep on getting emails from recruiters but I don't respond to them as I am not sure if they can switch me to T2 General.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

deeam9
Newly Registered

Post by deeam9 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot Manci.

Just one more question - if I come back after 1 year cooling off on T2 General, will I be able to get ILR after 5 years?

Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:19 pm

deeam9 wrote:Thanks a lot Manci.

Just one more question - if I come back after 1 year cooling off on T2 General, will I be able to get ILR after 5 years?

Regards,
yes, after 5 years on T2G (under current rules)

muraliky
Newly Registered

Post by muraliky » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Hi Manci,

Could you please help me in my situation. I am on Tier2 (ICT) issued on Dec2010 and now trying to switch to Tier2 General. I got a new employer who assigned a CoS with below details.

Tier 2 (General - switching immigration category)
Start date: 01/07/2015
End date: 16/01/2018 (as per my passport expiration date)

I have to serve atleast 1 month notice period for my current employer, so I requested my new employer to change the start date to 10/08/2015 and end date to 10/08/2018 (as passport expiration date is nothing to do with visa end date). my new employer told that she couldn't find any option to modify the CoS and so I suggested her to add 'Sponser note' in the system with new dates.

So once she update sponser note in SMS, I can apply for visa (Premium service) and resign to serve notice period till 10/08/2018.

Could you please let me know if you see any problem with the above process?

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:41 pm

the work start date in an assigned (but not in a used) CoS can be changed with a sponsor note.

Only resign once your application for the new leave is approved and remember that you can only work in your current job until the work start date stated in the new CoS.

IMHO there is no need to limit the period of engagement in the CoS to the expiry date of your passport.

muraliky
Newly Registered

Post by muraliky » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Thanks a lot Manci!

What about dependent? Shall I apply for my dependent along wit my application? or can I apply for her later when I got my visa? Please advise

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:29 pm

notnew
Newly Registered

Post by notnew » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:57 am

muraliky wrote:Thanks a lot Manci!

What about dependent? Shall I apply for my dependent along wit my application? or can I apply for her later when I got my visa? Please advise
Hi muraliky,

Even I am in the process of switching from ICT to general? An employer has come forward to sponsor me.
My ICT visa is till end of Oct.So I will be applying T2 general now with Start date as the day next to expiry date of my ICT visa.

Just wanted to know did you submit your brp card of ICT as well with your documents? Will they be returning my BRP card of ICT if I have pending leave remaining as I will be serving my notice period till end of my ICT visa.