ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from ICT T2 to T2 General Dependant with current job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthikm
Newly Registered

Switch from ICT T2 to T2 General Dependant with current job

Post by karthikm » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:51 am

Hi

I have a query and would love to hear from @manci and other admins here and other applicants who have gone through such a case

I am currently in the process of getting a General Tier 2 visa while my wife is already working in the UK for the last 2 years on ICT T2 - we are both indian citizens

1. Can my wife switch from ICT to Dependant on my General T2 while staying in the UK? (without having to travel to india)
2. If yes, can she do so without having to quit the current job - can she switch while she continues to work for the same employer
3. If yes, can you point me to the procedure and docs required for the same?
4. How common is this kind of switch and are there any issues with trying to do switch this way?

Thanks and look forward to your responses

Regards
Karthik

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Switch from ICT T2 to T2 General Dependant with current

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 am

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. It's similar to any Tier 2 dependent application. All details here: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
4. It's not that uncommon. You will find many posts in this forum with this scenario.

Although its not an immigration issue, do check with your spouse's organisation about their policy on switching visas. Some organisations are quite particular about it. It should not be the case where your spouse informs them post-switching and then they highlight some policies which may hinder her job continuity.

karthikm
Newly Registered

Post by karthikm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 pm

thanks for the response moonlight - one clarification

My wife is on ICT T2 long term since May 2013 with cooling off period applicable (since she was initially on ICT T2 ST from Jul-Dec, 2012 and then switched to LT)

1. Can she still switch to General T2 dependant in the UK?
2. If yes, can she switch jobs after having gotten General dependant?

Would be super helpful if you can clarify this too

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:30 pm

1. Yes, she can. Cool-off is applicable when you apply for any main Tier 2 visa, not for dependent visa.
2. As per current rules, yes she can.