ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualification and English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Qualification and English language

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi all,

I need clarification on subject as i will be applying for my ILR in Sept 2015:

i had submitted my IELTS and University of Punjab(pakistan) degree at the time of initial application. Now my question is that:

1. for english language can i again submit my expired IELTS to cover this requirement?
2. for qualification i tick in B2 section 'Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application' (because previously i did get points however i dont have the printout , never needed it for extensions).
3. then can i mark in B4. 'Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application.'
once i do all this i believe i DO NOT need to submit any evidence for qualification because as stated in the application form i had provided for previous tier 1 application .... ???
PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: Qualification and English language

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. I have my ILR PEO appointment on 29th of this month.

1. for English language can I again submit my expired IELTS to cover this requirement? Yes, you can submit the same IELTS certificate which has expired now but the expiry does not matter as it was earlier accepted in your previous application. I had written to the home office about this confusion and they have confirmed to me that I can use it.
2. For qualification I tick in B2 section 'Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application' (because previously I did get points however I don't have the printout , never needed it for extensions). Yes, you can tick this box and I am also doing the same
3. For this question also you can ticket the box.

I have also done the same and would let you know how it goes through on the 29th. I would also suggest and I am also doing the same that I am taking my master's degree as a backup (just in case they want to see). I would also suggest, you take a printout of PBS Calculator. Home Office have confirmed that we could use Tier 2 Calculator and just take a printout of the qualification printout and take it as a backup.

Good luck

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:10 pm

thank rukmesh.

unfortunately tier 2 calculator is not awarding me any points now and i dont have a printout as stated earlier. this is why im confirming that i will not submit any evidence because it was submitted previously in tier 1. so basically i will not provide them with any document for qualification.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 pm

I think you are safe as you have already proved in your initial Tier 1 visa application. But let the seniors/gurus reply ..

Any suggestions seniors ?

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

can seniors please respond and help

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 pm

If you have provided the same qualification (eg. dgree or IELTS) with your previous application and you were awarded English language points on that, then it is fine for ILR as well. It does not matter if it is not on the calculator or expired. Many of my friends have got ILR in same situation recently.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:40 pm

thank you mnaeem126.
my question is mainly about qualifications that i will not be submitting any document or certiifcate as i produced it at the initial stage and will tick as follows:

For qualification I tick in B2 section
'Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application'

i have read in the forum that people are submitting calculator printouts and NARIC certificate and letter for qualification. Therefore i wanted to confirm that it is clearly mentioned in the application that you DO NOT need to submit any document to verify qualification so i will not provide them anything. is that ok ? or should i be doing what other people are?

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 pm

can anyone please respond

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:34 pm

I am also not submitting any proof of qualification but I will take my original Master's degree as a backup and will show in case they ask for it.

My ILR is next week (PEO appointment @Croydon)

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm

thanks rukmesh please keep me posted on ur results.

atrang

Post by atrang » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Zaynab,

You can get a PBS printout using T-2 in the first section and in the 3rd question, you need to select that you are applying outside UK. Then it will take you to the qualification section when you select 'Qualification equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree' (option 2). There you can select your degree and university and it will then show you the points which would be sufficient evidence for your degree being recognized by UK NARIC.
I tried it myself and it works fine when you select the above mentioned options. It is always better to have more supporting documents than being questioned further.
I hope this helps.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:16 pm

thanks atrang but unfortunately i am not being awarded any points, i already tried it.

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi

I need help my husband done b1 test I have received a online copy just to say he has done it. But no result college is Sanjani international college .Provider is Pearson. He has a PEO on Thursday is this right

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi

I need help my husband done b1 test I have received a online copy just to say he has done it. But no result college is Sanjani international college .Provider is Pearson. He has a PEO on Thursday is this right

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm

can anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee respond

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm

100% Safe and secure have both NARIC letters i.e statement of comparability, letter confirming degree equivalant to UK Bachelor degree and 2. English language assessment letter confirming degree above B1 OR expect anything.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:44 pm

mjm9691 you are again confusing.
NARIC letter is not mandatory. If the degree appears in the points based calculator, then NARIC letter is not required.
If you still want to get the NARIC letter, then only English Language Assessment is fine and I have a written confirmation from the home office regarding this.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:43 pm

@Zaynab79!
If your initial application was in country then it would not be a problem but HO recommends to provide the qualification again if your initial application was out of country because it is easier for the case workers to retrieve the record of that. I would say you should get your qualification with you if your are going at PSC (formerly PEO). It does not matter it is on the calculator at this time or not and it was used previously and it awarded you the required points.How you claimed your qualification points at initial application then?

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 am

@Zaynab79
Sorry my previous point was for english language attribute. For qualification attribute you dont need to send it again you wud be 100% fine. I did not submit my qualification again for language and qualification attribute for extension and ilr recently gained on 11th june 2015 claiming they wr already provided with initial application.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 pm

thank you mnaeem, so what options did you mark on the application?? did you go in person. i request you to please list full documents that you submitted for ILR

khan82
Newly Registered

Post by khan82 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm

There is no need to provide degree if points were given in previous application. Just tick the box for this option that degree recognised on points based calculator and evidence previously provided.

But you will have to submit IELTS. You can use the expired one if it was used before in initial application.

sprof
Newly Registered

Post by sprof » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 pm

"But you will have to submit IELTS."

- where do you see this requirement? Can you provide a link to the policy stating that IELTS certificate HAS to be submitted, even though it was presented on initial application and points for English language were awarded then?
It was not required for Tier 1 extension - why it is required for ILR?

khan82
Newly Registered

Post by khan82 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Please see SET O form. Its self explanatory also from Gov UK website:

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

And why is it needed now ? Better ask HO.

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Post by Kainaat1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:26 am

Hi All,

I am very grateful that my husband has got his ILR. We did the PEO service and Cardiff people were fantastic and very pleasant.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:00 am

waiting for response.