ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Counting absences from UK - Annual leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tigercov
Newly Registered

Counting absences from UK - Annual leave

Post by tigercov » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 am

Hello

I am entitled upto 28 days of annual leave. My employer doesn't mind if I take a long holiday and spend all these in one go.
So I do go out of UK for a total of 44 continuous days. I used all of my annual leave during this period plus some extra holidays. Can you please check if my interpretation or understanding is correct below.

Total A/L allowed = 28 working days (including 4 weekends i.e. 8 weekend days makes it a total of 36 days)
As I mentioned above that I spent 44 days which 8 days more than what I am entitled to, how do I explain about these in the SET (O) application form in the absences from the UK section?? What evidence do I need for this?

Would this cause an issue that I took more days off than what I was entitled for?? Just to make it clear, It wasn't an UNPAID holiday and I got paid for the extra days because my jobs allows me to work from remote place using my work laptop.

secret.simon

Re: Counting absences from UK - Annual leave

Post by secret.simon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:27 am

If you were working off-site/remotely, that ought not to count as leave.

Are you currently on a Tier 2 visa? I believe hat your employer will need to write a letter explaining your leaves. An explanation can be included in the letter.

tigercov
Newly Registered

Post by tigercov » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:29 pm

No I have Tier 1 General currently.
If you were working off-site/remotely, that ought not to count as leave.
Would there be an issue/impact on application if I declare that period as a working off-site/remotely? Yes, I can get that in writing from my employer that I was working off-site. I have payslips with full wages to prove that alongwith bank statements showing transfer.

Please let me know what would be the best way to handle this situation.

EDIT

In other words my question becomes - how does home office look at non annual leave abscences? are we allowed for non-work related abscences?? e.g. just to spend time with mum and dad

tigercov
Newly Registered

Post by tigercov » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Ok all good. Received my ILR today!! Cheers

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Congrats

If you did a postal application can you update put the details in the Postal applications tracking thread please.

pelican2016

Post by pelican2016 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:06 pm

congrats.

Could you please let us know what documents you submitted for the absences?

Thanks
Raz