ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen marryin albanian...continued

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hannah27

British citizen marryin albanian...continued

Post by hannah27 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:38 am

Hi everyone

Well update on my situation....
I have just got back from Albani last night, i flew out last Sunday, got married on Monday, handed our documents in on Wednesday, so everything has gone smoothly at the moment. We have been given an interview date of 29th November, which seems like ages to be apart from my new hubby.

Ive been reading everyone's messages on this board and its so nice to hear everyones success stories and i look forward to hearing some more.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:25 am

COngratulations on your marriage!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

clairey

Post by clairey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 am

Urime Hannah! Hope you enjoyed Albania, and that you won't be apart from your new husband for too long!

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Congrats :D roll on the 29th of November for you!!!!
i flew out last Sunday, got married on Monday
We must of overcome the most annoying registrar in Albania lol that woman as alot to answer for.....

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:51 pm

Lol, well i think my husbands dad got friendly with her beforehand, so she was ok with us!! it was a very strange experience getting married in that little office, with everyone shouting at each other, and we had no electricity so couldnt see a thing!!

meimei
Newly Registered

Post by meimei » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:16 pm

You handed in your documents quick if you got married monday? did u book your appointment whilst in the UK?

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi Meimei

Yes we did the visa application online about a month ago and booked the appointment at the same time. Still get to wait 7 weeks for the interview thou.....

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:03 pm

everyone shouting at each
lol its great in Albania some of the things i seen were just so comical..........
I have some stories to tell that is for sure!!! :wink:
well i think my husbands dad got friendly with her beforehand
We ended up in a conference with the mayor type figure around a big table with everyone shouting She would not budge lol

hannah27

Post by hannah27 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Yes they have very different ideas on a lot of things!!

I was just wondering what questions your husband was asked during his interview, my husband is very bad with remembering dates and names off the top of his head, so i need to prepare him before he goes in there!!

Thanks xx

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am

Good idea......... one guy allegedly got refused for not knowing his wifes post code etc

I think maybe they know beforehand what questions they will put to the individual.... if they spot things they want answers too ..... example my contract had a different name to my job details on the application(company was sold but contracts remained etc) and this was picked up on.
Though my husband knew of this because i pointed it out to him as to not forget.

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 pm

my husband got asked if i have any pets! xxx

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm

sammie121 wrote:Good idea......... one guy allegedly got refused for not knowing his wifes post code etc
I'm glad we don't have to do that test - although we've lived in the same place for 10 years, I'm far from convinced that dearly beloved knows his own postcode!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.