ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heyheyheyguys

Enquiries

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:06 am

Does anyone know what sort of enquiries ukvi makes? For example, for a spouse visa will they call my employers or only my spouse's?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Enquiries

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:55 pm

They can call both if they want to check validity of information given.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Strangely they haven't called either of our employers...I wonder whether they just sit on our papers to make it seem as if they're enquiring but really do nothing?

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 pm

They make enquiries to ensure that the sponsor is earning the required amount i.e £18,600 unless you have exception.

This they can do through HMRC and by checking the papers that you have submitted so its unlikely that they will call your employer up.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Exactly. They can call if either employer if they believe it necessary, but they may choose not to.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.