ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HarryC
United Kingdom

Re: Arg, help please! Bank statement vs pay slip 28 days

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:11 am

£18600 salary threshold is a gross salary requirement and what we get paid in Bank is net (i.e. after tax). so it wont make any difference. until and unless you can show your last 6 months payslips and letter from employment about your term, contract and pay, that should be enough proof
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

gemology

Post by gemology » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:03 pm

HarryC - thanks for your response but I am a little confused.

What I was saying is that I have been earning significantly more than the £18,600 per year with my employer (for past 18 months). The VAF4A Appendix 2 specifically asks whether I've been earning the same amount with the same employer for the last 6 months. To be specific, I have only been earning my current salary since 1st Jan 2015, so not quite for the full 6 months, which is why I wanted to use my June payslip to avoid complication.

I have my employer letter sorted with all the necessary info.

Just want to know whether to submit using my May payslip and bank statement showing the salary entering my bank account, or whether I should wait for the June ones. The May payslip and corresponding bank statement are still within the 28day rule, if I apply tonight/tomorrow!

Also, does anyone know how far in advance you are able to book the biometrics appointment when you submit the visa? I'd rather be able to book a date that's a couple of weeks away to allow my documentation to reach my spouse in time for her to send it to UKVI in Sheffield (from USA) within the 2 week post-biometrics deadline.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 pm

My recommendation would be to state in your recent salary and select "yes" to the question 3.12 as you have been in the employment with the same company over 6 months.
then in the additional notes, mention that you have had a payrise recently but you havent received it for more than 6 months however the old salary too was above threshold.
I dont think they will create too much fuss unti and unless you are over £18600 gross which they will easily see on employment confirmation and payslips.
I think the question targets if you were earning £17,000 in Jan 2015 and had a payrise to £19,000 in April 2015, they will want to see that you have earned this for more than 6 months. but considering your previous salary and current salary was and is above the requirements, they cant reject an application just because you havent earned the "current" salary for more than 6 months but like i said, mention it in the additional notes section on Section 5.
thats just my view as i am in the same boat as you but will mention it in additional notes.
harry
Settlement visa

gemology

Post by gemology » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification.

So are you in the process of gathering the paperwork to submit your visa application, or have you already submitted your application using the above method for payslips and bank statements, and had the visa approved?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:41 pm

I havent applied yet but will be applying in sept for my spouse.
i will be applying the same way i.e. mention my current salary, tick yes and state that one of my last 6 months payslips states old salary which was prior to april 2015 but was still above threshold requirement of £18600.

I am not sure about your biometrics since i too want to have an appointment within the VFS office when i arrive to my spouse's country and want to make sure we apply for the visa the day after our wedding. I was planning to complete an application (online) in July as it doesnt require any signature and is valid for 3 months so that i can get an appointment in time by September at the visa office. Dont want to complete an online application in September as we might not get an appointment at VFS office till late in the year.. so confused.
I spoke to someone at VFS office and they said its allowed to complete an online application before the actual "wedding" but the date you submit the application at the VFS office is key and you should have proof of wedding by then.
harry
Settlement visa

gemology

Notarised passport - within 28 days of application date?

Post by gemology » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello :)

I've had a couple of hitches with getting a document for my wife's spouse visa application. As such, we are going to have to delay our online application for about two weeks.

I have already had a full copy of my passport notarised. Does this have to be dated within 28 days of the application submission? If so, I'll have to pay to do it again :(

Your advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

gemology

Post by gemology » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Alright thanks HarryC.

Good luck with your wedding and application :)

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Notarised passport - within 28 days of application date?

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:27 pm

it didnt seem logical with passport as if passport is still valid .in case of statement 28 days rule is there as statements changes on daily basis .i guess passport copy is fine but still wait for some seniors reply .
ss

gemology

Post by gemology » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 am

Thanks SSWSZ. Yes I agree that it doesn't really seem necessary for the notarisation to be within the 28 days (it's dated 9th June, passport valid until Aug 2016). However, UKVI have a number of requirements that I wouldn't have anticipated so I need to check! :?

It would be great if one of the Seniors/Mods could confirm whether I need to pay the notarising fee again. I would rather do this than have the visa application fail so I need to be sure.

Thank you

gemology

Spouse visa application

Post by gemology » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello :)

I understand all the rules regarding documents relating to bank statements, latest payslip, employment letter etc. being within 28 days of the date of application. This is no problem.

However, my gas and electric bills are not within this time frame. My utility company has supplied me with a direct debit agreement to take a certain amount from my bank each month, which is shown on my bank statements each month, but this agreement is from February.

I only have two initial bills, one for gas and one for electric. These are also from several months ago.

I will supply the originals of these documents - but will it mess up the application if they date back to Feb/Mar 2015?

I'm seriously hoping they are exempt from the 28 day rule - please let me know, really need some guidance!

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - are utility bills exempt from 28 day rule?

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:45 pm

If this is for a spouse settlement visa, you aren't required to submit utility bills.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gemology

Post by gemology » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Casa, yes it is for a Spouse Settlement Visa.

I am obviously confused as to what I'm supposed to submit - I thought I needed to demonstrate my monthly costs so that the ECO can see I have enough left over to cover my Wife's and my extra expenses.

Will it do any harm to supply these bills, should I leave them out then?

Thanks very much for your guidance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Not if you're applying with annual earnings of £18,600 or over. The Case Worker isn't interested in how you spend your income. They will assume that the income level set by the Home Office is sufficient to support yourself and your spouse. You will of course have to submit bank statements and pay slips.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gemology

Post by gemology » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Ok, great, thanks :)

gemology

Post by gemology » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello,

I'd be really grateful if someone who has recently been through the spouse visa application process could shed some light on my original post please.

Thank you :)

gemology

Accommodation letter must be from landlord or agent?

Post by gemology » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi,

I was under the impression that as part of the evidence of adequate accommodation for my Wife (spouse settlement visa) I could supply the tenancy agreement signed by landlord and letting agent, and a letter from the letting agent on behalf of the landlord stating the property details, confirming my tenancy dates, stating no overcrowding and giving permission for my wife to live there.

Now over on UK-Yankee I've been told that the letter should have been from the landlord and that the letter from the agent is probably not acceptable. Is this true? Has anyone here supplied a letter from the letting agent rather than the landlord and had their visa approved?

I was so sure I had repeatedly read that a letting agent letter on behalf of the landlord was fine.

Please help, I could cry right now!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa application

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 pm

A letter from the letting agent will be fine.
(Casa, not CR001)