ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier2 Dependant to Tier2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prashs
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier2 Dependant to Tier2 General

Post by prashs » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi,

My spouse is working in the UK with a T2General dependant Visa and is trying to switch to T2 General.Can some one here tell me how probable that her application will be when her job is not on the Shortage occupation list?.The employer is ready to sponsor a T2 Visa but aren't sure if it will be successful. Has some one here had any similar experiences ?

Thanks,

prashs
Newly Registered

Re: Switch from Tier2 Dependant to Tier2 General

Post by prashs » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 am

Hello Guys,

Can someone help me out pls ? Am kind of desperate to find some answers.Hope you guys understand

Thanks,

vikshi
Newly Registered

Post by vikshi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi prashs, could you please share if you have been successful in getting a Tier-2 dependent to Tier-2 General visa, and what is the process you followed.

My friend also has the same requirement, could you please share your views.

GettingTier2

Post by GettingTier2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:44 pm

I do not think that Tier 2 Dependent can apply for an unrestricted CoS, as in Tier 2 Sponsor Guide on Gov.uk. See section 28.4 and below. It shows the exemptions for resident labor market test.

Also see Tier 2 applicant guide for section 15, it shows the types of applications that can apply within the UK.

If a Restricted CoS is required, it depends on whether the sponsoring company can obtain a restricted CoS or not.