ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help. Recruiter request.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jpfranco
Newly Registered

Please help. Recruiter request.

Post by jpfranco » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 am

I arrived to the UK under the HSMP over a month ago. I am actively looking for a job, and eventhough I am highly qualified I am not being given opportunities for interviews.

I need help with the following: A very well known Recruiting Agency (I don't want to name it) has requested me a letter from the Home Office certifying that after the 2 years EC, I will have the chance to apply for the FLR. I have told them that nobody can certify that I will get a renewal, and that everybody has the chance to apply for FLR. I have even sent them a link to the Home Office webpage explaining this. However, they have insisted and told me that in the past they have gotten such kind of letter. And that employers need a guarantee that the money the will invest in me, will have a long term return.

So, anybody in the forum has had this kind of request? How have you handle it? There is any type of letter the HO could provide?

I call the HO, and of course they confirmed what I have told the Recruiter. There is no such a letter. I have placed a request in writing anyway.

Please, help me!

Juan

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:30 am

Here is my answer.
First: For HSMP extension you need at least 35K+, means if HSMP rules remain same then you will get automatic extension.
Second: Who know that you will stay there in same company for almost 2 years (off course you don't need to mention it to employer), but they already know that you have independent visa and they knows that you can move switch to any other company at anytime.
Third: If they are that much conscious about loosing you after doing investment then they could easily offer you a work permit which I think is valid for 5 years.

In nutshell, they are not sincere about giving you that job.. so move on and find another company. You will get it. Good luck
Hope this helps
Kaff

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:34 pm

i agree, they dont look sincere people...

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:59 pm

heloo kaff, i just have a quick query. you said some one need 35k+ for extantion? is this the case for everybody? i means where is the information i can get about it? 35k+ is hell lot of money to earn :(

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Shut up, they said they could get such a letter
They ask them for an example and reference.
Ha ha ha. They are taking a piss

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:24 pm

nionlight wrote:heloo kaff, i just have a quick query. you said some one need 35k+ for extantion? is this the case for everybody? i means where is the information i can get about it? 35k+ is hell lot of money to earn :(
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp_extension.htm
Kaff

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi Juan,

Como Estas ??? Mui bein...hehehe
I have been to u.k in 2002 went to guayaquil and quito.
im a indian neways...where are you staying...im in eastham
i arrived 10 days back actively looking for work but nothing till now
can we get in touch...heres my email ashish.jain.003@gmail.com
or call me on 07506281600

We both can be of gr8 help to each other.

Regards,

Ashish
________
FIX PS3
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdgeHillMole

Re: Please help. Recruiter request.

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:37 pm

jpfranco wrote:A very well known Recruiting Agency (I don't want to name it) has requested me a letter from the Home Office certifying that after the 2 years EC, I will have the chance to apply for the FLR....So, anybody in the forum has had this kind of request? How have you handle it? There is any type of letter the HO could provide?
Yes, when I was first applying for jobs a couple of years ago, ALL agencies and employers who interviewed me wanted to see written proof that I would be able to apply for FLR after my first 12 months. You see, back then we were only given an initial 12 months, so the employers and agencies were very anxious for proof that we would be able to stay past our initial visa expiry date.

Fortunately two years ago, there was a page on the Home Office web site where they said they would consider you for FLR as long as you could prove "Economic Viability". I printed this page out and took it with me to job interviews, distributing it to employers and agents who asked to see it, as proof of continued ability to stay within the UK for their job. Believe me, this alleviated much employer anxiety (As they have no more control over the visa process than you or I do, but they do have direct control over our "Economic Viability").

Unfortunately, the Home Office changed their rules in November 2006, and so we can no longer show agencies and employers proof of ability to stay past the initial visa expiry date based on "Economic Viability" alone.

In addition, if we show agencies or employers that we need to make at least £35K to stay in the country, we may place ourselves out of a terrific job opportunity that would have grown to £35K after pay rises and promotions by the time of our next visa expiry date.

Because of this anxiety a potential employer/agency faces, IMHO it will now be extremely difficult for new HSMP approvals just arriving on these shores to find their first UK job. But then, perhaps this was the main intent of the new HSMP rules all along...
Last edited by EdgeHillMole on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Please help. Recruiter request.

Post by pantaiema » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 pm

I agree with other people people opinion, they are not sincere about giving you that job. So forget it move on and find another company. Why just rely on them. There are asking for something next to impossible. They might already know that it is next to impossible that HO are going to issue such documents/letters and they just use it as an excuse. All probrlythey just do not have vacancy at the moment.

If they are serious they even could apply WP. Although is limited but Now a person already have it and he just need to extend it when the time come. And if the worst case prevail they could still apply work permit for that person like they have done for their other Non EU employees. So where is the problem here ?

Good luck

jpfranco wrote:I arrived to the UK under the HSMP over a month ago. I am actively looking for a job, and eventhough I am highly qualified I am not being given opportunities for interviews.

I need help with the following: A very well known Recruiting Agency (I don't want to name it) has requested me a letter from the Home Office certifying that after the 2 years EC, I will have the chance to apply for the FLR. I have told them that nobody can certify that I will get a renewal, and that everybody has the chance to apply for FLR. I have even sent them a link to the Home Office webpage explaining this. However, they have insisted and told me that in the past they have gotten such kind of letter. And that employers need a guarantee that the money the will invest in me, will have a long term return.

So, anybody in the forum has had this kind of request? How have you handle it? There is any type of letter the HO could provide?

I call the HO, and of course they confirmed what I have told the Recruiter. There is no such a letter. I have placed a request in writing anyway.

Please, help me!

Juan
Pantaiema