ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Requirement Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bc4indian

Good Character Requirement Question

Post by Bc4indian » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to cross check if a declaration is required or nor for my naturalisation.

Back in 2012 I've received a notice from Richmond magistrates court to pay a fine which I was completely unaware of upon inquiry they told me that TfL has pressed the charges agonist me for evading fare and a decision has been reached against me in my absence sent to my old address.

I then challenged them with an statutory declaration requesting them to reopen the case which resulted in TfL withdrew their charges in the court and after few days got a letter saying withdrawal of offences from the court.

So my question is do I have to still mention this in my naturalisation application when I applied for ILR in 2014 I did not mentioned it.

Any help in this will be appreciated.

Thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Good Character Requirement Question

Post by fwd079 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Personally I see it as if you were not convicted and charges were dropped, I dont think you should mention it.
But please go through this link and read all questions in the post by Amber. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.