ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query-Urgent help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bak1kor
Newly Registered

ILR query-Urgent help needed

Post by bak1kor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello Friends,

I am planning to go to My ILR application next month(July 2015) with my 3 dependents on in person PEO appointment. I am having all the required documents but I need your guidance regarding my life in UK test. Me and my wife wrote Life in UK test in March 2013 and we passed the test and we are having pass notification letters with us. Recently I have gone through the SET(O) application, they have mentioned there as follows

'"From 28 October 2013, to qualify for indefinite leave to remain, all applicants aged 18-64 must
meet a revised knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement. The separate guidance
notes to this form provide details of where to find further information about this requirement."

Can you please clarify the below points.

1) We passed the test in March 2013. After we passed the test, the life in UK test pattern has changed. Do we need to re-write the life in UK test?

2) When I asked the official in life in UK test center, he has informed me that there is no expiry date for the life in UK certificate, it will be valid life long.

Before going for my appointment, I would like to check, your experience regrading the above situation. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Arvind.

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: ILR query-Urgent help needed

Post by rukmesh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Arvind,

The requirement has changed. Earlier, you only needed to submit Life in UK test certificate but now, you have to submit 2 documents.
1. Life in UK Test certificate which you already have. There is no expiry so the same certificate will be good.
2. Knowledge of Language. You have to prove that you have sufficient (B1 or above) knowledge of English language. You can use the same degree and PBS Calculator.

Good luck

bak1kor
Newly Registered

Post by bak1kor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello Rukmesh,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. Much appreciated.
But as per the SET(O) form they have clearly mentioned that to qualify for ILR, all applicants must have revised knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement from 28 October 2013. But my life in UK pass certificate(March 2013) is not on the revised curriculum it was based on the old curriculum. Will this be a problem?

I don't want to put my application in risk because of this small thing.

Regarding the Knowledge of Language, I am having the equivalent degree, which was accepted in my earlier Tier1(General) extensions.I don't have any problems on this requirement. My only worry is, though we passed the life in UK test in March 2013, will there be any possibility of rejection because I passed the test on old curriculum not on revised one as mentioned in the application.

Thank you.
Arvind.

bak1kor
Newly Registered

Post by bak1kor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:10 am

Hello Freinds,

Anyone who got their ILR recently with above criteria mentioned in my previous post, Please answer to my query.

I don't want to go to my ILR PEO appointment next month with this small query in my mind.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Arvind.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Even if you have passed LIUK long back it is still valid.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:23 pm

1. yes
2. correct

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Sorry for (1) its no.

venkatasureshs

Post by venkatasureshs » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:19 pm