ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Job Role

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vandu Murugan
Newly Registered

Switching Job Role

Post by Vandu Murugan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Dear Experts

I'm in to Tier 2 General since June 2013 to present with Job Role: Business Development Manager. I have come from IT background and done Masters degree in IT & Computing from Reputed university in UK. Also, done Bachelors degree in IT & Computing in India. I have now got job as Senior Software Tester and the employer is willing to give sponsorship for me.

Please answer me for the following questions.

1. Is that possible to switch my job role from Business Development Manager to Senior Software Tester?

2. If that is possible, UKVI questions my employer while applying Visa?

Much appreciate your quick response in this.

Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching Job Role

Post by manci » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Vandu Murugan wrote:Dear Experts

I'm in to Tier 2 General since June 2013 to present with Job Role: Business Development Manager. I have come from IT background and done Masters degree in IT & Computing from Reputed university in UK. Also, done Bachelors degree in IT & Computing in India. I have now got job as Senior Software Tester and the employer is willing to give sponsorship for me.

Please answer me for the following questions.

1. Is that possible to switch my job role from Business Development Manager to Senior Software Tester?
Yes it is but if the SOC code changes the employer has to do a RLMT and on its successful completion you'll have to make a change of employment application. You can only start the new job once your application has been approved by UKVI.

2. If that is possible, UKVI questions my employer while applying Visa?
it possible that they may question either or both you and the sponsor but if the CoS and your application are in order and according to the rules there is nothing to worry about

Much appreciate your quick response in this.

Thanks.

Vandu Murugan
Newly Registered

Post by Vandu Murugan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Manci Thank you for your reply.

I have not mentioned about my present designation to my new employer. Will it be a problem?

Thanks
Vandu

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Vandu Murugan wrote:Manci Thank you for your reply.

I have not mentioned about my present designation to my new employer. Will it be a problem?

from your post it seemed that the new job will be with your present employer but there is no difference if you change sponsor, RLMT will definitely be required. This is between you and the prospective new employer but haven't they asked for a CV which would include details of all your previous jobs?

Thanks
Vandu

Vandu Murugan
Newly Registered

Post by Vandu Murugan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi Manci,

I have got offer letter from my new employer. The COS will be assigned in a week or two. They said me they will take care of full visa process.

In CV, I have not mentioned about the real designation. Will it be a problem if I reveal now?

Also please tell me do they submit my CV to UKVI or during RLMT process if any?

Please share any more information related to this? I don't want to miss this opportunity. Please help.

Thanks
Vandu

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Vandu Murugan wrote:Hi Manci,

I have got offer letter from my new employer. The COS will be assigned in a week or two. They said me they will take care of full visa process.

In CV, I have not mentioned about the real designation. Will it be a problem if I reveal now?
this is something between you and the company, not an immigration matter

Also please tell me do they submit my CV to UKVI or during RLMT process if any?
they may but only if UKVI decide to make enquiries about the RLMT and the company has to justify why they chose you

Please share any more information related to this? I don't want to miss this opportunity. Please help.

Thanks
Vandu