ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posting passports

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

louise.

Posting passports

Post by louise. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi there, Could someone give me some advice? Soon i need to post to my husband in America (im based in UK) my employment details /wage slips etc for EEA permit, can i send my passport to him too by courier?, or does it have to be a certified copy of passport instead when sending overseas ?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Posting passports

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Please see the list of documents here (click), certified copy of the whole passport is sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

louise.

Post by louise. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I can send him the original if better? i just wanted to make sure it legal to post a passport across borders?
Many Thanks

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 am

CR001 wrote:Please see the list of documents here (click), certified copy of the whole passport is sufficient.
you provide an incorrect information. only original passports are accepted

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 am

louise. wrote:I can send him the original if better? i just wanted to make sure it legal to post a passport across borders?
Many Thanks
passports can be dhl-ed across border. we discovered this this week and successfully done it

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:27 am

You were lucky that they did not cancel it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

louise.

Post by louise. » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
louise. wrote:I can send him the original if better? i just wanted to make sure it legal to post a passport across borders?
Many Thanks
passports can be dhl-ed across border. we discovered this this week and successfully done it
Ok thank you , was a bit concernend it could be seized or something. When my husband takes the documents to his interview, i assume they hand everything back to him there and then after photocopying what they need ?

Lastly is it better for my husband once his permt is granted to bring my passport back with him or is that a no no? or get him to post it instead.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

please treat my expertise as the one arising from own experience, not legal trade.

EEA Fps may require original passport to be sent or may not. In my case, the basis was family connection (parents). to that, We submitted copies of my passport certified by police in Northern Ireland (a tripe copy of original bla-bla) and the letter from the Irish embassy in Russia, confirming the same. That sufficed.

Additionally, you may submit originals. given that EEA Fps are quick to be processed, than original is original. you may have travel plans and this may not be the viable option to you.